PDA

View Full Version : EK Rearbar guard removal

TypeRice
15-03-2007, 07:57 PM
does anyone know if its possible to remove that thing from the rearbar and smoothen it out so it looks like it was never there..

below is a pic incase i have used the wrong jargon

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o144/typerice/rearbar.jpg

mrwillz
15-03-2007, 08:11 PM
urs isnt that bad dude
its white oready
so i'd leave it as is
taking it off, means ull haf to fork out time n money to fill in the bumper n re paint it...

bigjo5
15-03-2007, 08:37 PM
i agree wiht mr wills.. might cost more fillin it up and re paint it.. did u get it cutom fitted on or soemthing.. cause u can get them buddy club style rear bar wihtout it.. unless u got the add on rear lip bit.

phantom_civic
15-03-2007, 08:38 PM
u can get the OEM ones from the facelift EK models without the dam moulds.

Killa From Manila
15-03-2007, 08:51 PM
if u want to remove the plastic trim, on the inside of the rear bar there r clips that u need to undo or push out..havnt tried it myself. but if your going to fill up the hole and paint it, it wil probably be cheaper to source another rear bar without the moulds. also if the gaps r filled in, if u ever knock or bend ur bumper the filler can crack.

dupac->
15-03-2007, 09:22 PM
if you're going to go through all that trouble, just get a 99-00 ek rear bar..

comes with no moulds, and get that sprayed..

instead of going through the trouble of removing it - covering the holes - and spray.. :thumbsup:

looks like u got a front bodykit goin on so no moulds there... so if ur decide to go back with no moulds go for the ej8 civic coupe front bar..

moulds rocks! :p

daniel b16a
16-03-2007, 03:44 AM
yeah im with dupac..if u gona go thru the hassle might as well remove it and get a new one...but anyways to removie it u either can take the bumper off and do it or juz move the clips frm under the bumper behind the guards and move it...its hell easy thats y people who loose em easily steal others like how mine got stolen!!!

Zdster
16-03-2007, 08:53 AM
1. This has been discussed in the past so search!
2. Posters have answered your question so closed thread.