PDA

View Full Version : N+ vs Flex

TypeG
15-03-2007, 08:30 PM
which one will you suggest?
Buddyclub N+ or TEIN Flex

currently with TEIN SS but I felt it is too soft when doing weekend tracking...
I want something which is a bit stiffer when I need to

i dunno anything about spring rate so any suggestion?

bigjo5
15-03-2007, 08:34 PM
bc n+ ftw!

nigs
15-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Isn't Flex Tein's top line?

SLOWEGG
15-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Flex would be the go since you're tracking.

philBo
15-03-2007, 10:07 PM
ive heard that flex is still very comfortable/bearable for a daily driver mate.

fatboyz39
15-03-2007, 11:29 PM
if you think ther soft just make up some custom springs for them.

Tein flex very nice coilovers. We use it on our street/track car.

Chris_F
15-03-2007, 11:29 PM

nope they got models way above that

http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/index.html

aaronng
16-03-2007, 12:22 AM
which one will you suggest?
Buddyclub N+ or TEIN Flex

currently with TEIN SS but I felt it is too soft when doing weekend tracking...
I want something which is a bit stiffer when I need to

i dunno anything about spring rate so any suggestion?

What did you find lacking in the SS? Was it the spring rate or the damper rate?

Flex has the EXACT same spring rate as SS. 10 kgf/mm for the front and 6 kgf/mm for the rear.

Flex is the top line for Tein's STREET coils. They have "higher" lines for their racing coils.

Yes, Flex are not racing coils. They are in the same category as SS, CS and Basic.

If you want something stiffer than Flex/SS for the Euro, then look at Mono Flex.

If you want full control over bound and rebound of your damper, look at HT and N1, but I think these are special order (not in their product list for the CL7 and CL9)

Flex would be the go since you're tracking.

I would say that there wouldn't be much difference between the two.

ive heard that flex is still very comfortable/bearable for a daily driver mate.
Not if you are going over those tiny low metal speed bumps in the shopping mall. Those HURT!

preludacris
16-03-2007, 01:45 AM
What did you find lacking in the SS? Was it the spring rate or the damper rate?

Flex has the EXACT same spring rate as SS. 10 kgf/mm for the front and 6 kgf/mm for the rear.

actually , the SS are 8 and 4, and the Flex are 10 and 6. so i rekn it would be a great upgrade for track driving. spring rates of 10 and 6 would be a perfect balance between street and track.

aaronng
16-03-2007, 03:15 AM
actually , the SS are 8 and 4, and the Flex are 10 and 6. so i rekn it would be a great upgrade for track driving. spring rates of 10 and 6 would be a perfect balance between street and track.

For the CL9, the SS is 10 and 6. http://www.tein.com/ti/a42.html

TypeG
16-03-2007, 07:57 AM
i am sure SS is 8/4. According to what a from JDMyard said, Flex is way better than SS and will have noticeable different....even they are both street coilover.

aaronng
16-03-2007, 08:58 AM
i am sure SS is 8/4. According to what a from JDMyard said, Flex is way better than SS and will have noticeable different....even they are both street coilover.

Better in what sense? Compared to SS, Flex has an adjustable lower mount and has 16 damper levels. You can get the same spring rates as they come in +2/-2 for the front and +2/-1 for the rear. Could you check what part number your springs have?

TypeG
16-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Better in what sense? Compared to SS, Flex has an adjustable lower mount and has 16 damper levels. You can get the same spring rates as they come in +2/-2 for the front and +2/-1 for the rear. Could you check what part number your springs have?

with flex, the ride is firmer and stiffer. spring rate os SS is 8/4 and flex is 10/6.
Mono FLex is actually classify as Street Coil instead of Race Coil but people said they are too stiff for street use especially my area =(
Well, i know nth since I have tried on Flex myself but JDMyard 's word should be right since they are pro and i told z10 I am not going to buy from them this time since I am heading HK for holiday yooo:p

quangsta
16-03-2007, 09:59 AM
taken from http://www.tein.com/acura.html
for CL9
Flex - 14/8
SS - 10/6
basic - 10/6

ratings according to tein
street - basic, SS,
competition - Flex, Mono Flex, N1

flex should be significantly better then superstreet but by no means top of the line tein track suspension according to the info above.

if your serious about tracking the euro get something better then flex, if ur using it as a daily with some track time get flex. if you dont plan to track much once a yr just for fun dont waste your money keep the SS.

having said that get a rear swaybar first

oh yerr to answer your question i say tein flex, BC n+ would be b/w SS and Flex

TypeG
16-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the info.... but somehow I think TEIN US is different to the TEIN in Japan. In Japan, SS is 8/4 and Flex is 10/6 and Flex should be clasify as Street. Anyway, i mostly go with Flex as buddyclub now is made in Taiwai:(

taken from http://www.tein.com/acura.html
for CL9
Flex - 14/8
SS - 10/6
basic - 10/6

ratings according to tein
street - basic, SS,
competition - Flex, Mono Flex, N1

flex should be significantly better then superstreet but by no means top of the line tein track suspension according to the info above.

if your serious about tracking the euro get something better then flex, if ur using it as a daily with some track time get flex. if you dont plan to track much once a yr just for fun dont waste your money keep the SS.

having said that get a rear swaybar first

oh yerr to answer your question i say tein flex, BC n+ would be b/w SS and Flex

quangsta
16-03-2007, 10:37 AM
this was taken from the jap site

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/quanglez/matrix.gif

personally i would probably classify it as a 6 out of 10 for track the other 4 being for street but have no experience (just from what people say) with it so im just going by the site.

nigs
16-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the info.... but somehow I think TEIN US is different to the TEIN in Japan. In Japan, SS is 8/4 and Flex is 10/6 and Flex should be clasify as Street. Anyway, i mostly go with Flex as buddyclub now is made in Taiwai:(

Any links to confirm that BC now manufacture their units in Taiwan?
Are they just being made in Taiwan by BC or is a different company producing units for them now?

TypeG
16-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Any links to confirm that BC now manufacture their units in Taiwan?
Are they just being made in Taiwan by BC or is a different company producing units for them now?

not sure but that's what most people tell me...

preludacris
16-03-2007, 03:25 PM
dude
those spring rates are the US spec. JDM yard im pretty sure imports from japan.

so SS for accord is 8 and 4
and the FLEX is 10 and 6

Dxs
17-03-2007, 12:05 PM
yes, most aussies import from japan

japan contrary to popular belief have softer spring rates than the US spec ones (maybe more boyracers in the US)..

i think ITR flex had something like 10 3 or something stupid in jap spec where as the US spec had a better rate

aaronng
17-03-2007, 02:21 PM
i think ITR flex had something like 10 3 or something stupid in jap spec where as the US spec had a better rate

That was because the DC2R was rear-happy and if you used too stiff a rear, it would slide out if you took a bumpy street corner too exthusiastically.

preludacris
17-03-2007, 03:57 PM
well, in the case of my prelude, the US has pretty soft rates for US only 8 and 4. and 9 and 6 jap spec.

who knows, it varies.

anywho more on topic, i rkn the flex for type G would go heaps harder on track.

aaronng
17-03-2007, 06:14 PM
I agree flex is good. I have them on my car.

Dxs
18-03-2007, 10:14 AM
That was because the DC2R was rear-happy and if you used too stiff a rear, it would slide out if you took a bumpy street corner too exthusiastically.

maybe a dodgy fix to bad dampers

aaronng
18-03-2007, 10:27 AM
maybe a dodgy fix to bad dampers

Nah, that was what made the DC2R so lovable. An FF that was rear happy. :)

TypeG
18-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree flex is good. I have them on my car.
yeah i think i will give Flex a try =)

thanks anyway

free2d
19-03-2007, 03:15 PM
BC JDM is Junior with 12k & 8k spring. I look at the price is cheaper than Flex. BC also inverted and monotube.

But Tein is more popular. Headache.

stephen8512
19-03-2007, 05:36 PM
isnt monoflex based on teins new tubeless design or something?

aaronng
19-03-2007, 06:29 PM
isnt monoflex based on teins new tubeless design or something?
It still has a tube. A large tube. The special thing about Monoflex is that it has microvalves, which let your damper work even when it is a very small movement (so going over metal speed bumps will be smoother, unlike flex)

vertex_s15
23-03-2007, 10:22 PM
IMO,

BC N+ for the win, excellent value for money and backed by warranty within australia, if u want to be more trackhero, go the racing dampers :D

it doesnt matter really where parts are made in nowadays as long as japanese companies still run them and has quality control on products and does all the R&D in japan...some companies in japan have factories in china/taiwan where MOST of the products are mass manufactured, then sent to japan for final touches, inspection, marketing and packaging etc...some prob even done not in japan.

Ud be suprised where car parts have come a long way...the prices of jdm car parts have come down in price so much over the years, u would think they they wouldnt be able to be price competitive if every component and ALL the parts will still made in japan.