PDA

View Full Version : Anything else should I do?

Diesmile
17-03-2007, 06:28 PM
although i drive everyday, but my house is very close to my work place, as a result, the car has travelled only 3700km for the last 9 months (got my car around june last year).

so i would take my car into the dealer around 5000k mark and ask for a oil change along with the filter.

now is there anything else should i ask for? or just go for a minor service?

should i bring my own oil? if so what brand, what model?

any other tips will be great, thanks in advance

kraiye
17-03-2007, 06:40 PM
tip: change the oil & filter yourself!
visit supercheap and grab a catch tray, swap the oil and take the used stuff back to supercheap to be disposed for free :thumbsup:
how many k's has your car done, that will help to decide what should be checked/changed, do you have ur manual? it should say in there what should get done at certain k's.
if it's a minor service, personally i wouldn't take it to a dealer, they'll charge you something ridiculous to do f* all!
maybe get them to check what needs doing. if they say you need break pads, do it yourself. if they say break or clutch fluid, do it yourself. seriously, although they may sound daunting these things are some of the most simple things u can do yourself (ref DIY section of O/H) and you can get away with using cheap-ass standard tools if you need to buy anything.

i may have missed something... r u we talking brand new car here?

[ricer]
17-03-2007, 06:43 PM
its recommended u change the oil and filter every 3months or 5000kms which ever comes first

Shimian
17-03-2007, 06:53 PM
dam..my car is on about 7,000km...i missed my 5k minor service. Would it be ok to take it at 10,000km service? Or something might go wrong by then?

Diesmile
17-03-2007, 08:19 PM
;1104760']its recommended u change the oil and filter every 3months or 5000kms which ever comes first

where did u get that? cos they said honda civic 06 use different oil, so they only change it on the 10k service.

also kraiye, if u read my post, u will see my current km: 3700k, if i know how to change the oil and filter, i would do it myself, however since i am a total noob at cars, so i would rather let dealer to change it for me.

Nugget02
17-03-2007, 09:44 PM
isnt the 5000 minor service free? it was with my 06 civ :thumbsup:

also,, dont forget to grab them free boot liners aye! hehehe

Diesmile
17-03-2007, 10:15 PM
5000 minor service is not free.

also i can't get the free boot liner, cos mine was 06 vti model. i believe only vti-l and sports can get it for free.

kraiye
18-03-2007, 01:08 AM
where did u get that? cos they said honda civic 06 use different oil, so they only change it on the 10k service.

also kraiye, if u read my post, u will see my current km: 3700k, if i know how to change the oil and filter, i would do it myself, however since i am a total noob at cars, so i would rather let dealer to change it for me.

actually u said "the car has travelled only 3700km for the last 9 months", the clock may have started at 100,000 and so youve done 3700 in the last nine months meaning the car has now done 103,700. nothing states that it's brand new. not trying to argue, just saying i wasnt sure where u were coming from :)
as for the oil change etc thats why i refered you to the DIY forum. if there's not a DIY how to change oil there dam well should be!!
once u've done it the first time you'll kick yourself for ever having paid someone else to do it, seriously it rates a 1 on a 1 to 5 difficulty rating. other wise just take it somewhere that uses oem honda parts and fluids. as long as genuine honda parts are used your warranty should be sweet. if you take it to a honda dealer just tell them you want a 5000km log book service, they'll know what to look for. :thumbsup: