PDA

View Full Version : Hondata is Aus?

Weq
25-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Hey i'm just doing a bit of research and come across hondata ECU's a fair bit.
Who in Australia do stock these things/install/tune ? Sure u can by them from oversea's, but what do we do when it comes to tuning.. also has anyone got an idea of the costs involved?

poid
25-08-2003, 08:05 PM
I think Hondata is too expensive to be worth it here honestly. Cant remember the exact pricing but

If you want an interceptor i'd check out the TSI unit sold by Unigroup, among others ( www.unigroup.com.au ) or otherwise i'd go Haltech or Autronic for a full ECU

Weq
25-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Yer i was thinking that, just wondering about costs thats all..
I shoulda know though, since we (aus) is the biggest producers of aftermarket EMS..

Jnr Teggy
25-08-2003, 08:29 PM
i say don't waste your time...

just get hold of a microtech or haltech

poid
25-08-2003, 08:30 PM
The biggest issue is probably tuners. Just about any tuning shop can tune the aussie made ECU's here, but tuning the Hondata you have a limited number of tuners

wil
25-08-2003, 10:31 PM
this guy in melbccr has the aus dealership or something....

Jnr Teggy
25-08-2003, 10:33 PM
whats he after $$$ wise?

wil
25-08-2003, 10:46 PM
not sure u want more details???

Jnr Teggy
25-08-2003, 10:51 PM
i would if it is possible?

wil
25-08-2003, 10:52 PM
http://www.hondata.com/

Jnr Teggy
25-08-2003, 10:54 PM
i am curious as to what the going rate in aus is...

one more chance
27-08-2003, 11:47 AM
you'll come across 2 problems with hondata in australia..

1. hella expensive
2. getting qualified tuners in australia.

u can get them "pretuned".....but thats like jumping into the deep end....
not worth it IMO....as mentioned, get microtech, ems, even SAFC

vti-2
27-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Microtech is in a different league to SAFC...

:shock:

From what i've heard, from many experienced guys with tuned N/A Honda's, SAFC and VAFC are a waste of money.

poid
28-08-2003, 09:08 AM
yeh it is, Microtech's can have issues though and i'd just avoid them and go Haltech :)

SAFC is good for having enough of a tune to be able to drive around without worrying about blowing ur engine up, but it's far from optimal...only thing i was thinking of using an SAFC for was to stick it on the car so i could drive it to sydney for a proper ECU and tune

vti-2
28-08-2003, 02:34 PM
For what you pay, Microtech are pretty damn good.

Jnr Teggy
28-08-2003, 03:09 PM
microtech are good but you haven't got a chance in hell of passing an emmisions test with one!

:)

poid
28-08-2003, 03:20 PM
A lot of people have used Microtech successfully, but a lot have also had many problems. One example is partial throttle control; the Microtech's seem to better at full-throttle rather than partial throttle making them more suitable for drag cars than street cars.

For the price they are good, but there is better out there. An exmaple is the TSI, which is quite a good interceptor and sells for $840 for the base unit

BLKCRX
31-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Hey all thanks for your interest in Hondata, I知 the developer of hondata in Australia and for many years now have been advancing testing and configuring the technology for the Australian market testing the products within my network of car clubs down here in Melbourne.

I知 not going to lecture how good or how it compares to others as I知 sure you all know it痴 a one stop solution for total tunning in both part and full throttle tuning as well as its many other features. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and ill answer them, to give you a guide on price the basic s200 product for OBD1 cars is sold for $820.00 Aust installed (not tuned) tuning price is dependent on which tuner you choose, currently I have 4 associated workshops in Melbourne plus my self, but ranges from $200 - $400.

Currently I知 expanding the technology to syd and bris which will eventuate after Jamboree 2003 when we take a break from racing, but most workshops that have the knowledge to tune Motec and alike will also be able to tune Hondata, its about time Australia gets the same tools as the USA.

Regards James

Weq
31-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Thats some pretty good pricing i rekon.. i guess by the time u get associates in sydney, imight be looking for an upgrade..

poid
31-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Interesting, thats far cheaper than previous pricing i have seen...

Though with an OBD2 car it involves some buggering around from memory

BMTDC2
07-09-2003, 08:08 PM
We have had major success with tuning GReDDy e-manage for Honda B series and H series...

Just letting you know that this device is a piggy back utilises your stock computer but allows you full real time tuning for Air Flow/Ignition/Boost and allows you to control your VTEC settings and controll additional injectors.

ALLMTR
07-09-2003, 09:27 PM
I'd NEVER run anything but Microtech. Support is local, anyone can tune it, it's cheap, it supports a dash etc etc

and no I'm not sponsored by them

[G]
08-09-2003, 08:45 PM
I'd NEVER run anything but Microtech. Support is local, anyone can tune it, it's cheap, it supports a dash etc etc

and no I'm not sponsored by them

Im with chuck to an extent...especially since there is hardly (if any) support for non victorian users when it comes to hondata. Other ECUs if you had a bit more money to spend, id look into are Autronic or if u got a shitload of money and a car that u think requires a very good ecu Motec..

But IMO Microtech is VERY good value for money.

Trust-Me
12-09-2003, 01:52 AM
to give you a guide on price the basic s200 product for OBD1 cars is sold for $820.00 Aust installed (not tuned) tuning price is dependent on which tuner you choose, currently I have 4 associated workshops in Melbourne plus my self, but ranges from $200 - $400.

is the $820 including theharness OBD2-OBD1 and ECU?? or is it just the s200 unit??

LatinoHatchCrap
13-09-2003, 01:05 PM
how much for s100? thanks

BLKCRX
13-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Hey guys... the latest prices can be found at the following URL

http://home.themaestro.net/blkcrx/hondata/Hondata_Retail_Pricing.pdf

also technical information can be found at

http://home.themaestro.net/blkcrx/hondata/Hondata_flyer.pdf
and
http://home.themaestro.net/blkcrx/hondata/Hondata_Technical_Information1.pdf

just so you don't have to load up the price list.. the s100 is $775 installed and the base s200 is $820 installed

if your a obd2 owner ie post 1996 you will need to convert you car via buyin a additional conversion harness, see pricelist for information.

Regards James

Trust-Me
14-09-2003, 12:00 AM
great products James, so when u reckon hondata will spread to Adelaide with an appropriate tuner???

BLKCRX
14-09-2003, 12:16 PM
I hope within the next 6 months to have QLD, SYD and Adelaide all covered, I知 currently talking to workshops in each of those states. Its sadly not just a case of having someone resell the equipment, but also sell the service that goes along with it. I知 also looking at selling Honda B and H engine turbo kits much like what I use in my car, (Mild and Wild conversions) featuring only quality products and parts.

I personally make sure that all Hondata Tuned cars in Victoria are running at peak performance all the time, and within safe limits, its this quality I want to keep though the whole of Australia, tuning anything is a "ART" a ART I plan to teach.

Regards James

wynode
14-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Sounds good James.

Can you tell us who you will be selling Hondata through here in SYdney?

BLKCRX
15-09-2003, 11:06 AM
due to agreements i can't name the workshop....as the deals are still in motion, although I知 also looking for more association workshops, eventually everyone who is trained and has the skills will be able to tune Hondata at most popular workshops around Australia.

Regards James