PDA

View Full Version : exhaust???

mytoycivic
22-06-2004, 12:32 PM
i want to put a new exhaust on my 88 civic. it has a 2" sports muffler on it but that was only because i had a hole in the old one and to get a pink slip i had to get a new exhaust and the stock one would have cost me more than this one. how much should it cost for extractors and a full 2 1/4" with high flow cat? also will i be able to have this same one for when i do my conversion to vtec?

SPEEDCORE
22-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Dude please hang on a minute..... everyone here wants best for you and your ride ok so do not take offence.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

Forget the exhaust ATM.

If you are happy to hang onto the car, and want to get a conversion done, do that then the exhaust to compliment it.

I know that you might be thinking that yeah I can use it later on the other engine but if you keep spending money on things that are not gonna make much of a difference now and might not fully suit your future mods then don't do it, it will make you feel disappointed and ultimately take longer to reach your true desired goal/s.

Take care,
SPEEDY!

mytoycivic
25-06-2004, 08:23 AM
i guess i do just get a little carried away with things i want to do. i mean i want to have a nice ride, but i should wait for those smaller things when i get the new engine. sorry speedman, i guess i ask too many stupid questions!!!
ps i am not offended...but cheers for the feedback 8) :P

SPEEDCORE
25-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Dude questions aren't stupid....... they are a way of getting insight to what your plans are by feedback from others.. and allow you to modify those plans b4 putting them into action, to ultimately save you time, money and headaches!

:honda:

mytoycivic
25-06-2004, 11:02 AM
yeh true. and once again thanks for the help...thats true though, i do want a plan before i go and get stuff for the car so i know exactly what i am getting and so i dont get ripped off too...because in this business you have to know people, and i dont really know many people.