PDA

View Full Version : Is there an After Market ecu which resets back to base tune after close loop changes?

BlitZ
19-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Is there an After Market ecu which resets back to base tune (uploaded map)after close loop changes with maybe a power diconnect?

bennjamin
19-03-2007, 10:35 AM
If a reset or power cut resets the ECU , wouldnt a "uploaded map" be erased too ? (depending on if its battery backed up etc)

Eclipsor
19-03-2007, 11:34 AM
If a reset or power cut resets the ECU , wouldnt a "uploaded map" be erased too ? (depending on if its battery backed up etc)

It is stored on non-volatile memory (eeprom I think) so it shouldn't.

JasonGilholme
19-03-2007, 12:11 PM
So basically you want to have an ECU that has two tunes on it that you can switch between???

EGB18CT
19-03-2007, 12:21 PM
there was a ecu in autosalon mag feature once where you could store 3 tunes on it like oem, mild and wild and toggle stitch between them. i think it was by xspower or turbosmart one of those, anyway its was done on a subaru forrester gt i think.

BlitZ
19-03-2007, 01:33 PM
So basically you want to have an ECU that has two tunes on it that you can switch between???

Basically one base tune... then as close loop makes changes the values are made to another instance..

Then as u reset it, it goes back to the original instance on the ECU prior to close loop changes

tinkerbell
19-03-2007, 05:42 PM
closed loop means it reacts to the oxygen sensor,

this is dynamic, and is dependent on the "base tune"...

closed loop refinements (e.g. LTFT) made by OEM OBD "learning" ecu's dont exist in aftermarket ECU's afaik...

EfiOz
23-03-2007, 10:27 AM
there was a ecu in autosalon mag feature once where you could store 3 tunes on it like oem, mild and wild and toggle stitch between them. i think it was by xspower or turbosmart one of those, anyway its was done on a subaru forrester gt i think.

Most of the EFI Euro ECU's have either 3 or 4 driver selectable maps.

BlitZ
23-03-2007, 10:44 AM
closed loop means it reacts to the oxygen sensor,

this is dynamic, and is dependent on the "base tune"...

closed loop refinements (e.g. LTFT) made by OEM OBD "learning" ecu's dont exist in aftermarket ECU's afaik...

doesnt the pfc run in close loop operations like oem?

Fark the internet.. buggers my brain

tinkerbell
23-03-2007, 10:47 AM
doesnt the pfc run in close loop operations like oem?

Fark the internet.. buggers my brain

yes, of course it does,

it just doesnt have the "long term fuel trim" adjustment like the OEM ECU does...

PFC does not give a fark about long term fuel economy trends...

for clarity:

closed loop operation is a seperate function to "long term fuel trim" adjustments