PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter location

taman
20-03-2007, 01:45 PM
can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located on a da9?

or where i can download an owners manual or something?

bennjamin
20-03-2007, 01:46 PM
should be in the engine bay on the firewall , located right next to the brake master cylinder ( reservoir)

EuroDude
20-03-2007, 02:12 PM
look for a black canister with a banjo bolt on top and metal fuel lines going into it, near the firewall as bren said

should look like this:

http://www.autoelf.com/shop/images/engineparts/v899938175zgh.jpg

taman
20-03-2007, 04:16 PM
ok cool thanks

are there any technicalities i should might run into when changing it? or is it rather straightforward? is there a method of doing it as such?

EuroDude
20-03-2007, 05:37 PM
No its not too hard to replace the filter.

Remove the Negative Battery Terminal so you dont blow up the car lol

Relieve the fuel pressure by removing the fuel cap and slowly loosen the banjo bolt on top of the fuel filter, while holding a rag over the banjo bolt and underneath the filter, to catch the escaping fuel.

Remove the banjo bolt, unscrew the threaded fitting, remove the clamp bolt holding the filter in place.
(There are two parts of the banjo bolt, one part turns clockwise, the other part turns anticlockwise)

Lift the filter out and replace it.

Installation is the reverse. You should replace the sealing washers on either side of the banjo fitting as well so the filter wont leak.

Clean up the fuel spills, attach the battery and start the engine, look for any fuel leaks.

bennjamin
20-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Clean up the fuel spills, attach the battery and start the engine, look for any fuel leaks.

Prime the engine first (wait for the ECU light to come on then go off) - once primed there will be a tiny leak and you can spot it easy and tighten / fix problem.

Dont start it straight away -
If you start it with a slightly loose bolt or missing washer , fuel will piss out all over the place.