PDA

View Full Version : My car is back!

curik
20-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Finally my car is back in action. After 3 months of repair with more than $17000 worth of damage. Everything is as good as new, and tomorrow I will put on:

Mugen pedals set
Goodridge Brake Lines
Project-u SCR PurePlus rotors (F)
Project-u Type NS brake pads (F+R)
5-Zigen Proracer A spec catback exhaust

Pictures will be posted as soon as the car is done. :D

EuroDude
20-03-2007, 09:46 PM
$17000 :eek: Thats close to a write-off.

What happened?

EuroAccord13
20-03-2007, 09:50 PM
With that much damage.. The car will sadly never be the same again.... :(

curik
20-03-2007, 09:51 PM
True, but they didn't want to do it. The reason was, it has to be at least half of the value of the car when new.

$17000 :eek: Thats close to a write-off.

What happened?

yfin
20-03-2007, 09:52 PM

I would always be worried about major repairs and probably sell and buy another.

TypeG
20-03-2007, 09:53 PM
just enjoy as much as u can as nothing u can do right now.
let me feel the Mugen pedal as I want to buy a set on May as well

TypeG
20-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I would always be worried about major repairs and probably sell and buy another.

yes and dont track it if u keep it as the chasis possiby weaken already

curik
20-03-2007, 09:59 PM
to tell the truth, the body damage alone was close to 10k, and since everything damaged was replaced with a brand new one (no panel beatings), there wont be any issues of "not as good as before" anymore.

Secondly, they replaced so many parts that were not really damaged. For example my RHD light was not broken yet they put a brand new one in there. Front suspension components were also replaced even though they weren't sure if anything was wrong with them. Radiator alone was 1k, and labour was massive. And fortunately, I have test driven it and no malfunctions were noticed.

curik
20-03-2007, 10:01 PM
The fittings of the clutch and brake pedal are good, and installation was very straight forward. Just follow the instructions provided. However the gas plate didnt cover the gas pedal entirely as it was not designed for CL7. But it ends up sitting there pretty well, and I am very happy with the solid grip of the mugen pedals.

just enjoy as much as u can as nothing u can do right now.
let me feel the Mugen pedal as I want to buy a set on May as well

TypeG
20-03-2007, 10:12 PM
to tell the truth, the body damage alone was close to 10k, and since everything damaged was replaced with a brand new one (no panel beatings), there wont be any issues of "not as good as before" anymore.

Secondly, they replaced so many parts that were not really damaged. For example my RHD light was not broken yet they put a brand new one in there. Front suspension components were also replaced even though they weren't sure if anything was wrong with them. Radiator alone was 1k, and labour was massive. And fortunately, I have test driven it and no malfunctions were noticed.

the "not as good" issue is refering the car chasis usually as they cant replace that and some rewelding should be needed which can be seen very easily. radiator for 1k.lol the spoon radiator i am going to get cost like 850 .. what a rip off. hopefully nth wrong with it till you sold yr car...

TypeG
20-03-2007, 10:15 PM
The fittings of the clutch and brake pedal are good, and installation was very straight forward. Just follow the instructions provided. However the gas plate didnt cover the gas pedal entirely as it was not designed for CL7. But it ends up sitting there pretty well, and I am very happy with the solid grip of the mugen pedals.

i want to feel the solid grip as well =)

kitbkk
20-03-2007, 11:08 PM
congrats man.
ill have a close look at ur car tomorrow lol.
whens the other wheel gonna be here?

J-TODA
21-03-2007, 01:24 AM
farrrrrr 17k damage....if u dont mind me asking what happened??:eek:

btw congrats on getttin ur car back. should be really happy :D :thumbsup:

tony1234
21-03-2007, 06:23 AM
It doesn't take much to spend $17k when replacing body panels,headlights especially when they're genuine parts.As curik said $1k just for radiator!!:eek:

curik
21-03-2007, 07:14 AM
i will post up the sheet that lists all the work and parts done today

tony1234
21-03-2007, 07:21 AM
i will post up the sheet that lists all the work and parts done today
That'd be good thanks.

Pumped
21-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Have you got a picture of the Mugen pedals set

Also, im curious where you got the Goodridge Brake Lines and how much they were :)

Pm if you like :)

Tobster
21-03-2007, 09:00 AM

Not necessarily true -- it all depends on what was damaged and replaced.

After my car was hit, it was about $9K just to replace the airbags and roof lining, let alone the actual exterior damage.

Saying that a car will never be the same after an accident is like saying the car will never be the same because you've changed the springs and shocks, or had to fit a new water pump because the old one wore out.

Cars are made of components, which wear out and can be replaced. Accident damage is no different -- assuming that the chassis isn't bent and weakened, and the components are fitted properly.

The difference is mainly in your head...

sendok
21-03-2007, 10:24 AM
OMG 17k.. that's a lot things happen.. what happen? few days ago my friend's 180 just totally off.. and insurance company just wanna pay him the market value.. which is bad..

TypeG
21-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Not necessarily true -- it all depends on what was damaged and replaced.

After my car was hit, it was about $9K just to replace the airbags and roof lining, let alone the actual exterior damage.

Saying that a car will never be the same after an accident is like saying the car will never be the same because you've changed the springs and shocks, or had to fit a new water pump because the old one wore out.

Cars are made of components, which wear out and can be replaced. Accident damage is no different -- assuming that the chassis isn't bent and weakened, and the components are fitted properly.

The difference is mainly in your head...

rewelding already make the car not the same let say you need to fix or replace your radiator support and stuff like that. people can realsize that easily especially when you hit at the front

curik
21-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok folks here it is, the list of all parts replaced:

Front bumper bar cover
front bumper bar reinforcement
front bumper bar no.plate base
front bumper l/h lamp
front bumper bar l/h washer cap
front bumper bar l/h brace
front bumper bar l/h lamp bezel
front bumper bar l/h bracket
front number plate frame
grille
grille badge
grille base
bonnet
bonnet - mould
l/h front guard
l/h front guard - splashtray
radiator support -assy
radiator fluid
rust proofing
l/h headlamp
r/h headlamp
radiator & cowl - automatic
air conditioner - core
thermatic fan & wiring
oil cooler & lines

os brake pipe ex japan
ns brake pipe ex japan
engine sump sealer
front suspension crossmember
ns/f carrier
ns/f lower control arm
ns/f tie rod end
trans fluid
engine oil
engine pipe
p/s oil
ns/f wheel bearing
ns/f x-mem support bracket
ns/f x-mem middle support bracket
ns/r wheel bearing
middle x-mem support bracket
crossmember bush
engine sump
p/s rack assy

anyone knows if a new engine sump for the euro is $2100? it says something like ENGINE SUMP (NEW$2101.46), but on the invoice list it says $950. Is it possible if they used a 2nd part from somewhere else?

TypeG
21-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I dun have any exp. on insurance using second hand parts as i got new doors for 3 of my rides as I got them brand new. However, I do need to request for a brand new one or they will just fix it..... not sure in your case as I wont surprise as you wont expect to have all brand new parts for let say an Ek

aaronng
21-03-2007, 08:23 PM
New SUMP?! Was that damaged too?

Alpine
21-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Do you have a picture of the car when it was all smashed up? Post it!

curik
21-03-2007, 08:39 PM
haha i do, wait lets see if i can find it..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/DSC03677-1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/DSC03678.jpg

Damn, I have condensation in BOTH of my headlights!! I used to have none!

curik
21-03-2007, 08:40 PM
pads, rotors and brake lines are installed, as well as motul RBF600 fluid. Man, pedal feel is much better now, and the car just stops sooner.

curik
21-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah I called them and they said it was a refurbished item. They back it up with a 12 months warranty. And its just a sump, so probably there wont be anything wrong with it.

I dun have any exp. on insurance using second hand parts as i got new doors for 3 of my rides as I got them brand new. However, I do need to request for a brand new one or they will just fix it..... not sure in your case as I wont surprise as you wont expect to have all brand new parts for let say an Ek

yfin
21-03-2007, 08:44 PM
What speed was that impact? I can see the air bags are not on the list of parts so I presume it wasn't much more than 20kph.

curik
21-03-2007, 08:56 PM
haha trust me, it was more than that. It ate 4 of the wooden guard poles in Albert Park. Anyway, some more pics:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/DSC00198.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/DSC00206.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/DSC00205.jpg

My still damaged header, an Xforce replacement is coming soon.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/DSC00193.jpg

yfin
21-03-2007, 08:59 PM
haha trust me, it was more than that. It ate 4 of the wooden guard poles in Albert Park. Anyway, some more pics:

Ahh - I assumed you hit another car. Fair enough.

Alpine
21-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Yikes...that front end looks nasty

EuroDude
21-03-2007, 09:01 PM
That repair list looks a bit dodgy.. sump? tranny oil? RHS headlight?

Alpine
21-03-2007, 09:09 PM
That repair list looks a bit dodgy.. sump? tranny oil? RHS headlight?

Yeah....seems like an excessive list of parts for the damage shown. Perhaps there is more than you have not shown us?

TypeG
21-03-2007, 09:22 PM
the brake looks good
u need better brake since your car can damage like this in albert park
lol

curik
22-03-2007, 12:16 AM
they replaced the engine sump, therefore engine oil and transaxle fluid. They also replaced the RHS headlight. I can notice them since I remember one of my parker light was stuck inside and now its gone haha

Yeah....seems like an excessive list of parts for the damage shown. Perhaps there is more than you have not shown us?

tony1234
22-03-2007, 06:28 AM
pads, rotors and brake lines are installed, as well as motul RBF600 fluid. Man, pedal feel is much better now, and the car just stops sooner.
curik is the Motul RBF600 compatible with Honda braking system?I've used it before its good.:thumbsup:

Atjo
22-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Where's your Work wheels?

curik
22-03-2007, 08:32 AM
one of the wheels was buckled, and the replacement hasn't arrived yet. So I have to stick with the stockies for a while.

Tobster
22-03-2007, 10:02 AM
My still damaged header, an Xforce replacement is coming soon.

Possibly a stupid question, but do XForce now make a header for the Euro? Or is it a custom job? I'd never found one previously...

aaronng
22-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Possibly a stupid question, but do XForce now make a header for the Euro? Or is it a custom job? I'd never found one previously...

The first header is usually custom made, and every one produced after that would be a normal lineup. :)

TypeG
22-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Xforce has high flow cat for Euro as well I think

sodaz
22-03-2007, 11:29 AM
The first header is usually custom made, and every one produced after that would be a normal lineup. :)

I'd really like header that doesn't hiss (DC, Maximworks, Toda) or vibrate (Comptech). Maybe the hondata one will be good but you'll need to replace the CAT too.

TypeG
22-03-2007, 11:47 AM
u will need to replace or modify your cat/high flow cat for Maximworks Toda since they are for CL7R
hmmmm Mugen comes with cat and it will be bolt on =)

curik
22-03-2007, 11:05 PM
5-zigen exhaust installed! Here is the pic

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/DSC00213.jpg

Sound is only slightly louder than stock especially on idle. Can't really notice a difference during normal driving, but the sound is now deeper when engine braking or accelerating. Power wise? combined with intake and header, the car feels more responsive and pulls harder. Might take the car to dyno next sat to see how much gain it adds.

J-TODA
22-03-2007, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=curik;1110817]5-zigen exhaust installed! Here is the pic

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/DSC00213.jpg

should have gotten twins =]] guess if u want more power wise gains single is the way to go =]]

curik
23-03-2007, 12:15 AM
yep you are definetely right, but I couldnt resist myself to miss a good deal!

EuroAccord13
23-03-2007, 12:57 AM
SINGLE OUTLET FTW!!!!

Welcome to the club!

mr747
23-03-2007, 03:12 PM
looks good

sodaz
23-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Glad your car is back mate. The exhaust looks good. Any soundclips?

tron07
24-03-2007, 12:54 AM
single looks weird to me....

some went to mod to twin to look nice, but some went from twin pipes to single....

curik
04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Finally after got exhausted for months, my wheels are back. Here are some pictures. A bit JDM?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/4.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/2.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/curik/3.jpg

Pumped
04-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Looks nice :)

discs look good!

the wheels look like they sit in a little to far though