PDA

View Full Version : Intake & Exhaust worth it ?

Bez180sx
21-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey all

I got a compleatly stock 97 VTi accord auto and its very gutless.. Some hills take ages to get up!
Would putting an exhuast and intake setup on give much of a power increase ?
Is it very noticable ?

Cheers :)

JohnnyVtec
21-03-2007, 12:05 PM
G'day M8,

The Accord vti isn't gutless.... If you want a hotrod, build one. You can buy a sportscar if you don't want a hotrod. Cold or Short intake's on the F22b1 are "Extremely" loud. Exhaust isn't quiet either. You stand to gain a small amount of power with these two mods. Expect 5-12 WHP with the best parts the market supports for this vehicle.

:thumbsup: Hope this helps!!!

Bez180sx
21-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys, thats all i needed to hear :)

mikeypoopi3
22-03-2007, 06:19 AM
i dont think the accord is that gutless...... its got quite abit of torque for uphills......

intake sounds crazy though heehehe thats if you got an auto...

but probably not on the mods... wont do much but will a little bit... that depends if you wanna spend that money.

just be like poid and get a turbo chucked on hehehe

i guess the only thing to look at is take some shit out of the car lol lightweight hahaha

Bez180sx
22-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Yeah I was a bit surprised with the performance, I thought it would have went a bit better than it dose..
It sounds like my car has an exhuast leak, so im hopeing I might be loosing some power from that...

aaronng
22-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Fix the exhaust leak if there is one, and also replace your fuel filter and check if your spark plugs need replacing.

Vinnie
22-03-2007, 10:58 PM
get a manual and never let it drop below 4000rpm :p lol

neway, ive also found low end torque to be very minimal so i try and keep it in the higher rev range when i need to... MT ftw :)