PDA

View Full Version : 1994 accord short shift adapter and also suspension

dundas
22-06-2004, 09:57 PM
people gots any diagrams on how to stick one of these in???
its just like a lil adapter thing not a whole shift stick like normal ones...

ohh and wat about suspension what should i get at the lowest budget possible but having a good ride.... both shocks and springs thanks

^_^

Im from adelaide-if you know any places coolies
thanks again

ECU-MAN
22-06-2004, 10:07 PM
you can get springs from industrial Springs on port road

dundas
23-06-2004, 01:51 AM
hey would you guys rec. pedders sports ryder suspension or not?????
cheers fellaz/and gals

dundas
23-06-2004, 01:54 AM
oh yeah do they like custom make em??? how u know they good...... are the springs cheap and GOOD QUALITY?

vtecinaccord
23-06-2004, 06:22 PM
You wont be able to get CHEAP GOOD STUFF, it dont exist. Those shift adaptors are easy to put on just start pullin your shifter apart you will see exactly what goes where..i had one. but i recomend getting a P SPEC tuning shifter from the states about $300 but nice look on my site below i have pics.

ECU-MAN
23-06-2004, 10:14 PM
oh yeah do they like custom make em??? how u know they good...... are the springs cheap and GOOD QUALITY?

I know several people who have gone there for springs for there hondas, good price for what you get.

h22a accord
24-06-2004, 08:52 PM
2 words.....angle grinder :P

razaman
24-06-2004, 09:03 PM

Nah dude just take the shocks out and ride on the bumpstops.

Ghetto 8)

Raz

h22a accord
24-06-2004, 09:28 PM

Nah dude just take the shocks out and ride on the bumpstops.

Ghetto 8)

Raz

yeh, but what about the gear stick, have to grind at least 5 inches off that so at every gear change you have to lean up out of the seat you are laying back almost flat on.

dundas
25-06-2004, 12:45 AM
LMAO--- i dont wanna spend $5 lol...i meant things for cheap not busted up parts lol or home made angle grinder white-line spring-immitations lol
c'mon guys

its not for a VC Holden commerdore LMAO ^_^

CHU85
25-06-2004, 04:11 PM
just get kings springs. THey do the job for 1000's of aussies.
Can really do a short shift kit for the accord or prelude because they are cable clutches and u can't really do anything with them. Want a shorter shift? get the whole setup from a vtir prelude.

vtecinaccord
05-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Yes you can make a cable shifter car a short shift. Basically the main shift cable bolts the the gear stick right if you were to mount the cable furter out from the gear stick, you are efectivly making the cable longer and there for you get a shorter shift...
thats basicalt how the adapters work and even better a propper kit from Pspec tuning works a treat.. i got one very impressive.. i like... And the prelude vtir isnt effectivly a short throw, the actual stick is shorter in height so you could get the same effect as CHOPPING the original accord stick down..

h22a accord
05-07-2004, 10:51 AM
dude, you cant say these things when you havnt gone out and fitted a JDM prelude vtir shifter to your car.

go do it and compare it to a stock accord shifter and you will agree that its not just a chopped down accord shifter.

Yes you can make a cable shifter car a short shift. Basically the main shift cable bolts the the gear stick right if you were to mount the cable furter out from the gear stick, you are efectivly making the cable longer and there for you get a shorter shift...
thats basicalt how the adapters work and even better a propper kit from Pspec tuning works a treat.. i got one very impressive.. i like... And the prelude vtir isnt effectivly a short throw, the actual stick is shorter in height so you could get the same effect as CHOPPING the original accord stick down..

dundas
05-07-2004, 05:54 PM
LMAO- well i fitted my adapter FINALLY and its not too bad its a lot shorter but i will get use to it very easy... i want my stick to be shorter though that is the only problem so yeah.. maybe i should stick in a prelude vti-r shifter..how much you rekon it will cost????