Perry
21-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey guys,

Can anyone explain Pro's and Con's of these 2 methods of tuning

Thanks in advance
Perry

EuroAccord13
21-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Dyno Tuning costs money but comes with realtime results, no risk of a speedingt ticket.

Road Tuning costs less but at the expense of risking a ticket for speeding.. Butt Dyno style, only the really experience tuners can do road tuning..

Limbo
22-03-2007, 10:52 AM
err no.

Dyno tune is tunning your engine for specific conditions and max power under a controlled environment

Road tune generally is for smoothing out any exterior effects of road driving has on your tuen to get a better driving experience.

You will find with all good tunes they do a dyno tune then later do a road tune to fix any unusual differences/problems

Benson
22-03-2007, 11:05 AM
A good tuner would do both

[ricer]
22-03-2007, 11:08 AM
A good tuner would do both

:thumbsup:

EuroAccord13
22-03-2007, 12:36 PM
err no.

Dyno tune is tunning your engine for specific conditions and max power under a controlled environment

Road tune generally is for smoothing out any exterior effects of road driving has on your tuen to get a better driving experience.

You will find with all good tunes they do a dyno tune then later do a road tune to fix any unusual differences/problems

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My bad.... Should have read it more closely..

BlitZ
22-03-2007, 12:37 PM
ideally both..

from my understanding
you cant really do a proper road tune without wide band sensor installed...

ginganggooly
22-03-2007, 12:42 PM
ideally both..

for road tune u must like do runs in 3rd all the way to redline.. and thats pretty damn quick

and you cant do road tune unless u get a wide band installed...

Like benson said, a good tune would require a bit of both...
I went out for a road tune with a wideband stuck up the bum of the car, that worked out alright ;)

I've seen dynodave tuning race cars via datalogging. Pretty interesting...

ProECU
22-03-2007, 01:04 PM
In a race application, where you'd you want to get ahead of the rest - street or tuning via datalogging is a definite advantage, considering the smallest gains to HP are always welcome to put you at a competitive advantage.

For street - most tunes are conservative - street tuning could be advantageous, but mostly overkill.

SINISTR
22-03-2007, 01:36 PM
In a race application, where you'd you want to get ahead of the rest - street or tuning via datalogging is a definite advantage, considering the smallest gains to HP are always welcome to put you at a competitive advantage.

For street - most tunes are conservative - street tuning could be advantageous, but mostly overkill.

Would I be right in saying that for race applications - thats when 'tuning' days are usefull - as you can go out there, drive at different speeds, come back to the pits - change this or that in the maps (datalogging is needed here) - go out again - and you do it until you're happy with the tune.

I was going to say that street tune on a daily road car would be an overkill.

DynoDave
22-03-2007, 05:04 PM

Conservative is a good word to use but if you know how to use a dyno 99% of the time you do not need to street tune as well,but in recent times I seem to be doing a bit of road tuning with the customer driving his car as I find it easier to pickup any spots that I dont find on the dyno.
Regards Dyno Dave