PDA

View Full Version : Accord ECU/ECM -where to get it?

tuppelo
22-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi all,

Last Sunday while I was driving my ECU/ECM computer died on my. Car stopped on the middle of the road and I had to get a tow truck to tow my Honda to my place.

Honda dealers are just insane and they want $2000 for an ECU. Do you know any places in Adelaide or anywhere else where they can be ordered from. What should I be looking to pay for a second hand unit??There are quite few selling on eBay and they are cheap and coming from US but I do not know how to compare if they are compatible with the one I had in my car. What needs to be looked into when getting one of them as it will be really hard to get exact the same model?

Any help is highly appreciated.

aaronng
22-03-2007, 07:33 AM
You need one from the same model and engine of Accord. Have a look at wreckers.

Eclipsor
22-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Give ecu man a yell. He might have one, or one that can be chipped with your map. You should be able to get one for around/under $200. What accord do you have? If you have a cd or a cb I might be able to get you one from my local wreckers. They have heaps of accords and have a 3 month limited warranty. ie they'll replace or give credit if it's stuffed.

EuroDude
22-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Its possible that the ECU just needs a resolder. The connector or another component may have simply developed a dry joint due to temperature changes.

Take it to a place that repairs electrical equipment, they may be able to fix it for you

tuppelo
22-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

I do not think it can be fixed as the board is burnt. I took it out and does not look flashy at all.

I am not sure what I need to provide you and numbering patter is so complicated for Honda's ECUs. There are hundreds of them that are for the same engine and same car as mine is from US but I am confused with numbering patter as it is completely different.

The one from my car says:

37820-P0C-Q50.....and there is a huge CQ5 on the side of it. Do you need a VIN number as well? Which ECU would be compatible with my ECU?

My Accord is 94, Auto trans non VTEC engine..

It would be great if someone could get something similar. I will try calling some yards today but they want some stupid amounts with no warranty at all.

Any help is highly appreciated.