PDA

View Full Version : Differences in dyno numbers

ON VTEC
22-03-2007, 01:49 PM
i have a 94 DC2VTiR full exhuast no name,pulled 100.1 Kw at the wheels and a mate of a mate of mine pulled 98Kw at the wheels but the thing is that he has hondata, full named exhuast, intake. ok same day same dyno, same car just different colour, we both take care of our cars.

fatboyz39
22-03-2007, 01:55 PM
What are you on about? Those are just numbers, don't mean shit.

m3ntAL_l2
22-03-2007, 01:57 PM
obviously colour matterS

Zdster
22-03-2007, 02:09 PM
It probably means your friends car hasnt been tuned.

ON VTEC
22-03-2007, 02:15 PM
i know a graph doent mean anything, i know its the driver, its always the driver, i was just woundering

Zdster
22-03-2007, 02:18 PM
i know a graph doent mean anything, i know its the driver, its always the driver, i was just woundering

This has nothing to do with drivers. We are talking about dyno numbers and why one car with significant mods is producing similar power to another car with less mods.

The answer = tuning or lack there of.

Q_ball
22-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Either that, or the car your mate has been driving wasnt broken in as much as your car.
The way you drive your car over the first 5-10k plays a considerable part in the way your engine matures

XB-16-AX
22-03-2007, 02:21 PM
good numbers Wils ... be proud!!

(now in the topic) :p

xtercii
22-03-2007, 02:25 PM
That means your car is making more power than your mate’s car.

ProECU
22-03-2007, 02:45 PM
i have a 94 DC2VTiR full exhuast no name,pulled 100.1 Kw at the wheels and a mate of a mate of mine pulled 98Kw at the wheels but the thing is that he has hondata, full named exhuast, intake. ok same day same dyno, same car just different colour, we both take care of our cars.

Another good reason to not buy Hon$a$a

Zdster
22-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Can you please explain with some facts what you mean by that comment? Wouldnt a decent tune (with someone who is familiar and works with this product) achieve some gains?

ginganggooly
22-03-2007, 03:17 PM

There are horror stories about pretty much every aftermarket ECU on the market. I'd hazard a guess that most of them come down to botched tune jobs.

*Not that I'm saying the car in question on this thread has a botched tune job- that would be a tad presumptuous, wouldn't you say?

BlitZ
22-03-2007, 04:04 PM
same number of k's on both cars? compression test both engines and see if they are the same..

DynoDave
22-03-2007, 04:59 PM
So what are you trying to say?,there are 100's of reasons that there is a power difference dont just blame the Hondata because that is the only difference,what about valve clearence,and every other mechanical or electrical part in the car that controls the output of the engine.Maybe his tires had less tire pressure or his wheel alignment thats plays a MAJOR roll in FWD power figures.I am so sick of hearing I make more power on this dyno and my mates car has more work done and he makes less power but when we race he is faster than me.A dyno is a FU**ING tuning tool but unfortunatly with the internet they have become harder to use as a tool as everyone wants to know why there car makes more power than there mates with less mods.What is the difference when you race each other on the street and not from a standing start.
Regards Dyno Dave

string
22-03-2007, 05:10 PM
What size rims where on each car?

Zdster
22-03-2007, 05:15 PM
So what are you trying to say?,there are 100's of reasons that there is a power difference dont just blame the Hondata because that is the only difference,what about valve clearence,and every other mechanical or electrical part in the car that controls the output of the engine.Maybe his tires had less tire pressure or his wheel alignment thats plays a MAJOR roll in FWD power figures.I am so sick of hearing I make more power on this dyno and my mates car has more work done and he makes less power but when we race he is faster than me.A dyno is a FU**ING tuning tool but unfortunatly with the internet they have become harder to use as a tool as everyone wants to know why there car makes more power than there mates with less mods.What is the difference when you race each other on the street and not from a standing start.
Regards Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave,

I dont think he was trying to blame Hondata for the numbers, rather asking why there is a difference between the numbers being produced.

I think you started answering that at the beginning of your post and I would like to here of more reasons or explanations as to why this is happening not where to place blame.

DynoDave
22-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Dyno Dave,

I dont think he was trying to blame Hondata for the numbers, rather asking why there is a difference between the numbers being produced.

I think you started answering that at the beginning of your post and I would like to here of more reasons or explanations as to why this is happening not where to place blame.
Yeah I'm just an angry old man sometimes :p
Regards Dyno Dave

Zdster
22-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah I'm just an angry old man sometimes :p
Regards Dyno Dave

No problems ;).

So other than say a bad or improper tune and how the car was run in, what other factors could cause such an equality of 'power levels' with such different mods?

DynoDave
22-03-2007, 09:41 PM
No problems ;).

So other than say a bad or improper tune and how the car was run in, what other factors could cause such an equality of 'power levels' with such different mods?
With some of the cars turning up with semi slicks I have seen as much as a 10kw lose in power it can be that simple.
Regards Dyno Dave