PDA

View Full Version : civic 06 07 door handle with chrome detail

yeehou
22-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know how much it cost to change the door handle?

Civic hybrid has got the door handle with chrome detail. It really looks nice.

kn_19_ht
24-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know how much it cost to change the door handle?

Civic hybrid has got the door handle with chrome detail. It really looks nice.

hi there..i actually saw i think on ebay u can buy a chrome cover for ur handle.i dont know how good this is..or how long it will last..but i will try n update u with some information wen i can get it...

chylld
24-03-2007, 06:09 PM
are you talking about this one:

http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVIC/equipment/image/hondasmartkey-05.jpg

this is the door handle of the japanese civic with keyless entry/start (the button on the door handle is to lock the doors)

JaCe
24-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I think he's referring to Asian-spec models where instead of the body-coloured door handle, they have chrome (European luxury style). The ones you buy on eBay are literally stick-on (think of it like contacting your old books; but instead it's chrome-reflective, and sticks to your door handles).

Watch out though, a lot of the "door handle chrome covers" refer to the circular dish behind the actual door handle where people install the circular chrome piece. It's available on the Singaporean forums sites for sale.

yeehou
24-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Cos the Civic hybrid here got it, I wonder can I buy the part from Honda dealer?

yeehou
24-03-2007, 10:14 PM
http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/carsales/6281122.jpg

chylld
25-03-2007, 08:37 AM
it should be a very simple switch-out.

does anyone have a closer-up pic of the hybrid door handle? i wonder if it comes with keyless entry/start...

yeehou
25-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Don't think it's keyless entry

denot
26-03-2007, 09:35 AM
in Malaysia, they come with chrome door handle, with body colour on the top... will post the pic as soon i found it again

Datuk
27-03-2007, 09:10 PM
U get more cool stuff from Malaysia than Australia

kn_19_ht
29-03-2007, 12:15 PM
yeah masia n spore has heaps of stuff the the new civic..

i found this link on ebay for u man...

depending on the colour of ur car..

i think a black chrome would look nice..

the new euro sport has black chrome i think...

anyway here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-New-Civic-Chrome-Door-Handle-Cover-JDM-2006-UP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQitemZ15010487 9776QQrdZ1

denot
29-03-2007, 12:17 PM
yeah masia n spore has heaps of stuff the the new civic..

i found this link on ebay for u man...

depending on the colour of ur car..

i think a black chrome would look nice..

the new euro sport has black chrome i think...

anyway here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-New-Civic-Chrome-Door-Handle-Cover-JDM-2006-UP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQitemZ15010487 9776QQrdZ1

yup, the Malay ppl got something like this from the dealer...

PS: knight... your car still have "hopefully"??? :p

kn_19_ht
29-03-2007, 04:58 PM
yup, the Malay ppl got something like this from the dealer...

PS: knight... your car still have "hopefully"??? :p

hahah yeah lazy 2 change...will try n update w some pics..

hopefully! hahahahaha..

still waiting for my car 2 come back from the panel shop...

been 3 days already *sigh*

JaCe
15-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Just thought I'd bump this thread since I'm starting to see A LOT of these parts available for sale on eBay.

Joele
15-11-2007, 06:21 PM
I am interested and have seen them on ebay too, but I think those stick over ones would look tacky close up as when you actually open the door you would have to notice it is just a stick on, wouldn't you?

JaCe
15-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I saw it on the streets in Chinatown (Sydney) and it looks alright but I'm more concerned that the fact it's stick on means it's probably going to wear out and come off. My other bad experience with cheap chrome parts off eBay is that they go all disgusting (forgot the technical term but it's like rust from water?) and it's impossible to clean/fix... when I say impossible, I mean it's very difficult and I fail at trying to fix up my chrome headlamps.

Datuk
16-11-2007, 07:16 AM
It is possible to fix your chrome headlamps just pm or call me Jace!

gumbii
16-11-2007, 09:56 AM
these were avialable from the last group buy for fd/fd2. i think the guy who bought for us isnt coming back cos he said we're too stingy..lol

DMX knows more...

was thinking about them on my black fd but i tihnk it will draw too much attention and make it look like euro so didnt get them

dmx
16-11-2007, 05:54 PM
these were avialable from the last group buy for fd/fd2. i think the guy who bought for us isnt coming back cos he said we're too stingy..lol

DMX knows more...

was thinking about them on my black fd but i tihnk it will draw too much attention and make it look like euro so didnt get them
no..no..no.. don't involve me ... ;)
from my point of view, better don't get it...hahaha.. lucky he's not here;)
it's different with OEM honda chrome handle (hybrid).
oem, the handle with body color + chrome list = sweeeeeeeet :thumbsup:
after market, the handle fully chrome, looks like other cars (euro, or other, i forget !!!).
if want, just get oem hybrid ones, call dealer or destruction (what again his nick ?)