PDA

View Full Version : Halo Projector lights

theflash1
25-03-2007, 12:36 AM
I was thinking of getting some JDM Halo projector lights from ebay in america and was wondering if they are legal in western australia.

NeoNode
25-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Most likely than not, headlights purchased from America are made for LHD vehicles, it won't be legal.

theflash1
25-03-2007, 01:09 PM
OK thanks!

If halo lights are made and purchased in australia are they legal?

sml-089
25-03-2007, 01:25 PM
i kno that new BMW's come with them standard, so they arent all illegal, not sure about aftermarket ones though

gbang007
25-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I was thinking of getting some JDM Halo projector lights from ebay in america and was wondering if they are legal in western australia.
i recently got some off ebay for my ek1....so happy with them.:thumbsup: the link is http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230094810309&rd=1&rd=1
idont know whether these are illegal or not as i was told they would be fine, only the wiring was a lil different but i managed to fix everything up and now they work fine. as to the throwoff, i am pretty sure u can change it or adjust it so its not to the left.

Joeyboy
26-03-2007, 04:14 PM
yeh i got US headlights on mine. cops pulled me over for blue park lights, they didnt say anythin abt the heads *suckas!!*

y would they be illegal i wonder?? i've got lots of friends who buy heads from us ebay

IZY-10
26-03-2007, 04:35 PM
i have them been canaryd 2 times and they mentioned nothing aboutt the lights. Infact they complemented me on them. I think as long as they meet or exceed the standards DOT approved i think it is called

Boban
26-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't see why it would be illegal man. I thought both L+R lights emit the same amount of light so it doesn't matter where they are made. For the record i got mine from Pakistan :p, probably made in Taiwan though

PS. those ones look very sexy, i haven't seen them yet on a car

NeoNode
27-03-2007, 02:25 AM
I don't see why it would be illegal man. I thought both L+R lights emit the same amount of light so it doesn't matter where they are made. For the record i got mine from Pakistan :p, probably made in Taiwan though

In RHD countries, the drivers side headlight does not project it's beam as far as the passenger side, reason being is to reduce the glare and not blind oncoming vehicles from the other side.

And as to why it's illegal to use headlights made for the US market is because they are LHD, so everything I have said above is now switched around.

I think as long as they meet or exceed the standards DOT approved i think it is called
Only Americans adhere to the US DOT regulations, elsewhere in the world go by the far more strict ECE regluations, including Australia.

theflash1
27-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Ok Thanks.

I guess i could always ask the police and find out for sure!

gbang007
28-03-2007, 09:52 AM

i got these ones on my ek1 now...installed it the other day....i love iT!

scyt7e
28-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure about the legality issue, but yes becareful when you buy the lights, i have mine installed and they were around 250 aud plus shipping, problem is the fitting is not THAT great, so the right hand light tends to be higher than the left, adjusting is not great either so thats about all they could do, they do look nice, but my chrome on the edges doesnt look that nice, i guess i dont know about other people's experiences but im thinking of changing to black jdm ones, if you've got a perfect product with no dodgy edges and nicely adjustable beams plz pm me or provide the seller and item you bought it off, i want to change my projectors at the moment