PDA

View Full Version : VTCE and non VTEC ECU ECM

tuppelo
25-03-2007, 02:28 AM
I have had some problem with my ECU (it burnt down but badly). I could have ordered one from US for almost nothing but I didn’t want to wait. I found one in my local Honda wreckers. Honda for original part wanted $2950 excluding any labor or shipping!

Wrecker guy wanted initially $440 but I gave him $275 which I think is a rip of as well but maybe not. I don’t wanna have my car sitting in my driveway.

Stupid idiot wouldn’t let me open the ECU he gave me to check if it is VTEC or Non VTEC. And he gave me a VTEC one where my engine is non VTEC.

Is there a problem there? Dash is flashing and indication malfunction code 21 which is faulty VTEC solenoid valve. I can hear that b4 running it initially engine is trying to do something foe 2 seconds and after that everything is normal. Engine is running fine and cars goes as it was going b4.

Is there a problem having the VTEC ECU for non VTEC engine??? Can I cause any damage with that?

I will be going to swap it this coming Monday.

Any input is welcome….Thanks guys.

ECU-MAN
26-03-2007, 09:21 PM
the problem is the ecu will activate vtec, then relise you dont have a vtec solenoid or a Vtec pressure switch. to it will dish our code 22 and 21. Your ECU needs some modding :)

silver_screen
26-03-2007, 09:23 PM
it will also run ur injectors differently because, correct me if im wrong anyone, a vtec motor will run a bigger injector due to the fact that when it jumps on the high cam, theres more air comin.. which means more fuel... that comp will have trouble running ur injectors properly i would imagine

ECU-MAN
26-03-2007, 09:46 PM
vti and exi have the same injectors,

its the fuel and timing maps that are different

silver_screen
29-03-2007, 08:25 PM
really?? how odd :/ but it works so i guess thats ok lol