PDA

View Full Version : Crashed my CRX

serpo
25-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey all, a couple days ago it was raining realy hard in Adelaide and for some reason I felt like barnikle bills so went for a drive, I was driving normaly and I decided to take the back streets I went to turn around the corner and for some reason the cars front tyres just skided along and went straight and I hit the curb with the bottom of my car and the left hand tyre, the tyre now sits 2 Inches in the curb so I took the front pannel off to drive it home and now the camber is stuffed and it keeps wanting to steer to the left. What will I need to do to fix it???

Its a CRX 1988 D16A8

Chi
25-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Take it to a mechanic and see whats needed to be replaced.

yfin
25-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey all, a couple days ago it was raining realy hard in Adelaide and for some reason I felt like barnikle bills so went for a drive, I was driving normaly and I decided to take the back streets I went to turn around the corner and for some reason the cars front tyres just skided along and went straight and I hit the curb with the bottom of my car and the left hand tyre, the tyre now sits 2 Inches in the curb so I took the front pannel off to drive it home and now the camber is stuffed and it keeps wanting to steer to the left. What will I need to do to fix it???

Its a CRX 1988 D16A8

sorry to hear about your accident. It is very hard for anyone to give you an idea about what is exactly required from your description. The damage could be minimal or extensive suspension damage. Posting up some pics will help but I really suggest you just go to a mechanic to get a quote.

EG5[KRT]
25-03-2007, 11:33 AM
im guessing at least a strut, lower control arm and driveshaft...

serpo
25-03-2007, 11:36 AM
seriouse I just poored $5000 into the car for te new engine 1 month ago, now the insurence company are only gonna give me $7,500 for the car if its a ride off adn the car cost me $11,000 all together. this week sucks.

yfin
25-03-2007, 11:37 AM
seriouse I just poored $5000 into the car for te new engine 1 month ago, now the insurence company are only gonna give me $7,500 for the car if its a ride off adn the car cost me $11,000 all together. this week sucks.

I seriously doubt your car is a write off - you said no panel damage right and the car still drives?

Mr_will
25-03-2007, 11:53 AM
depends how fast you were going.

i did exactly the same thing in my da9, and all i did was bend the front lower control arm, not really a big deal.

we will only be able to spot the obviously stuff from photos, the damage to my car certainly wasnt visible unless you ran a ruler down the arm, to notice that it was bent.

take it to a mechanic, find out what parts you need and then try to get some second hand to save yourself some cash, then either fit them yourself, or pay someone to fit them, and then go get yourself a wheel alignment

ECU-MAN
25-03-2007, 12:08 PM
as everyone has mentioned you cant tell with out looking at them

most comonly bent tie rod, and or lower control arm.

have it checked out, if you get stuck for parts I have some EF front suspention parts at a good price.

serpo
25-03-2007, 02:13 PM
as everyone has mentioned you cant tell with out looking at them

most comonly bent tie rod, and or lower control arm.

have it checked out, if you get stuck for parts I have some EF front suspention parts at a good price.

Ye just rang up the guys who did my CRX the first time they dont have any front pannels and they only have Civic suspension, il jack up the car and check out the steering arm

Dxs
25-03-2007, 05:26 PM
as others have said..
If you are competent.. jack up the front and put it on stands securely..
remove the front wheels, and basically compare the difference's between left and right with the suspension.. most likely something is bent

Snoop_gee
25-03-2007, 05:30 PM
sorri to hear

bigjo5
25-03-2007, 06:40 PM
yeah prolly round ur suspentions area... liek lower control are ..rack end, tie rod end .. just hope that u didnt bend the cross memeber..

XB-16-AX
25-03-2007, 07:00 PM
;1113112']im guessing at least a strut, lower control arm and driveshaft...

as mentioned,

check and change your lower control arm - the side that hit the curb, change the castor rod too and the strut, also check the forks.

you may want to change the other side strut as this would have been bent due to the impact.

this happend to me, but the impact was harder, half of my car was on the gutter.

i changed all the above and got a wheel alignment and wala!! fixed and done.

parts from the wreckers all up cost me under 250 and i did the labour myself ..except for the wheel alignment.

also while getting the car on an alignment get the mechanics to quickly look at your front sway bars and end links bushings.

:thumbsup:

serpo
25-03-2007, 08:40 PM
as mentioned,

check and change your lower control arm - the side that hit the curb, change the castor rod too and the strut, also check the forks.

you may want to change the other side strut as this would have been bent due to the impact.

this happend to me, but the impact was harder, half of my car was on the gutter.

i changed all the above and got a wheel alignment and wala!! fixed and done.

parts from the wreckers all up cost me under 250 and i did the labour myself ..except for the wheel alignment.

also while getting the car on an alignment get the mechanics to quickly look at your front sway bars and end links bushings.

:thumbsup:

Ill bring it too the machanic on Saturday and wait for a nice bill to arrive lol, I wish I could do it myself but I dont have a proper set up at my house cos I live in an apartment at Glenelg lol. cheers for the help guys this is the best forum ever

Bayani
26-03-2007, 12:11 AM
cheers for the help guys this is the best forum ever

Can I rep him for that? :]

serpo
27-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey all just got machanic top look at it looks like iv bent the whole front end of my car, the rails are twisted and need to be replaced, its a huge job, just found out I also crushed my extractors.

ECU-MAN
27-03-2007, 11:22 PM
ouch, sorry to hear.

get a 2nd opinion if you can, just to be on the safe side

serpo
28-03-2007, 10:14 AM
mmm im getting a bunch of crash repairers to look at it 2day and 2moro so should be interesting to see what they quote and if its over $3000 ill just get my insurence to take care of it

jinki10s
29-03-2007, 01:00 PM
sorry to hear about That.

jords
29-03-2007, 01:26 PM
get someone else to look at it before you spend any money.

serpo
29-03-2007, 01:34 PM
ye im gonna get heaps of peope to look at it, cheers for the help guys