PDA

View Full Version : wat to do 1st - 93 civic

travc
23-06-2004, 08:58 PM
hey
ok i finally got myself a honda. its a '93 civic gl blue sedan. its completly stock at the moment but i wana change that. the only problem for now is cash$$$. so wat would u suggest me to do 1st. well exhaust is goin on for sure, then i reckon lower it and some rims. any ideas???

[[d a n n y]]
23-06-2004, 09:34 PM
get a new engine?

like a b serise engine? lol that'll cost ya around 6g drive in drive out

other thing u can do if u wanna retain ur engine..is extractors hiflow car etc etc

suspensions and so on.

LatinoHatchCrap
24-06-2004, 12:14 AM
dont jump on the swap bandwagon too quick. enjoy the dam car for what it is. A nice fuel efficient zippy car :) LOL I miss my sohc days...

PS: I reckon you should upgrade springs first. Bennjamin edit You want to hijack anothers thread ? Make up ur own ffs !

[[d a n n y]]
24-06-2004, 07:55 AM
dont jump on the swap bandwagon too quick. enjoy the dam car for what it is. A nice fuel efficient zippy car :) LOL I miss my sohc days...

PS: I reckon you should upgrade springs first. I have ITR springs for sale. PM me if your inetrested.

Bennjamin edit Two wrongs DO NOT make a right , Danny.

BlacKEGPedroew
24-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Slam it on stockys
there is nothing better than going over speed humps at 2 km an hour.

Jus-10
24-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah I would be focussing on a decent suspension setup before anything, but it depends on what you are trying to achieve. Do you want looks, performance, what?

MTX BOY
24-06-2004, 10:16 AM
I reckon some nice rims and lowered, then engine swap :)

geo41e
24-06-2004, 12:51 PM
get a good sussy setup...eg: coilovers

also, get some sway bars from whiteline..good price and u feel the difference
however latino is right, enjoy ur car for the time being, and get used to it...

so when u get the sussy and sway bar stuff, u can really feel the diff, and won't be dissapointed

LatinoHatchCrap
24-06-2004, 07:22 PM
LOL!! Ben you're hilarious :D :D Im helping the guy out (shameless plug 8) )

Caster®
24-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Leave it stock till you know what you want from the car first.. dont start modding it just for the sake of modding it... :o

egSi
25-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Leave it stock till you know what you want from the car first.. dont start modding it just for the sake of modding it... :o

what the ****? yeah do what u want dude.
if u want look gay, get chrome and kit.
if u wana track it, get suspesion and lite weight mags.

DONT jump on the engine swap band wagon either!
appreciate the simplicity of your D, they arent that bad!

id say do something very different................ dont let anybody sway you and make up ur own mind, where u wana take your car and then you will know what mods to do and in what order.

goodluck grasshopper

travc
28-06-2004, 07:26 PM
yer i think i might start with suspension and that stuff 1st. im gona keep it pretty simple, so no engine swap so dont worry bout that. i just want a nice clean looking car with a bit more performance than stock. thanx for the advice guys

Weq
28-06-2004, 07:33 PM
if u want a bit more performance, look at a greddy turbo kit. keep it stock, 5psi with a small sidemount cooler (under 100 from wreakers) and u got urself an easy 30kw atw. ~2400 for the kit.

A'PEXi
28-06-2004, 11:24 PM
what is your budget, if your planning on going exhaust, then you may as well go intake and extractors :P

travc
29-06-2004, 08:13 PM
yer i was hoping to get extractors and intake. wats the normal cost for something like that.
also wat would be the best size exhaust for me. i was thinking 2.25" but i read it may be to large and a 2" would b better

A'PEXi
30-06-2004, 04:46 PM
2 or 2.25 is ok, just dont go anything bigger.

VTEChnique
01-07-2004, 10:54 AM
guys he has a GL.. carby.. not so great motor to mod..

so perhaps wise to suggest swapping in a D-series SOHC VTEC or even a D15B (PGMFI) for a great upgrade in power. these motors can go for $500-1000 plus another $1,000 for labour.

though dont get me wrong, if you have the single-carb, you can upgrade to dual keihin carbs, or even get an old-school intake manifold that accepts some webers ;) then port the head, higher comp pistons.. hmmm

ohh and slightly off topic, but I just had 2.5" fitted to my SOHC VTEC on tuesday and it is fkn loud, but top end and mid range power is great.. BUT I only got 2.5" because I have swap comming soon, so I dont want to have to do exh twice.. 2" on carby though would be more than enough.

Hectic Honda
03-07-2004, 01:39 PM
Engine breathing mods

MTX BOY
04-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Clear lights :D