PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rating....

Glitta
25-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I want to know why you have to have membership status to sell things...?

Why can't it be on trade ratings...?

Cause to be perfectly honest there are heaps of people on here who have heaps more technical knowledge then me about Hondas.. but yet I have heaps of Honda stuff for sale and I have a trade rating so why can't I list things for sale...?

Considering you don't need to have a good technical knowledge to sell things...?

Not only that I've been a member for ages and ages if I haven't got membership status yet I hardly see things changing :) lol

Q_ball
26-03-2007, 12:20 AM
If you dont contribute to the forums, you'll never get that priviledge to sell.
Doesnt matter how long uve been registered for.

Ozhonda's main objective isnt to be a website where its users sell and buy things.
Its aim is to provide its members with a medium to learn, discuss and share ideas and knowledge about Hondas with one another.

You have other sites to use if all u wanna do is sell of ur items, eg. Ebay, trading post.

Glitta
26-03-2007, 09:51 AM
If you dont contribute to the forums, you'll never get that priviledge to sell.
Doesnt matter how long uve been registered for.

Ozhonda's main objective isnt to be a website where its users sell and buy things.
Its aim is to provide its members with a medium to learn, discuss and share ideas and knowledge about Hondas with one another.

You have other sites to use if all u wanna do is sell of ur items, eg. Ebay, trading post.

Just because I rarely post in the Technical section dosn't mean I don't read it..... but you can't comment on stuff you don't really understand.

Reality is you have a reasonable buy/sell area you should cater to the people of OH and let users with at least a trade rating use it...

I know I can use ebay ect... but I would prefer to benefit the members of OH. Seeing as it's all Honda stuff aswell id be more likely to sell it here then anywhere else...

I just don't see the point on holding users back from using a simple for sale section seems a little excessive...

bennjamin
26-03-2007, 11:13 AM
I just don't see the point on holding users back from using a simple for sale section seems a little excessive...

In no way is it excessive. This rule , is the end result of newcomers and some members signing up just to sell honda parts or goods - essentially abusing this free bandwidth.
This website is NOT about selling items , its a community of information for honda enthusiasts. Got something to sell ? Go to tradingpost.com instead.

IMO its a poor response to blame the rules or moderators ( as usual) when there is something a member/newcomer personally dont like. "preferring to benefit OH members" is a joke? - more like benefit on our bandwidth.
The rules are simple , and they are easy to understand and work with :thumbsup:

(in your instance) Simply try abit to help out , obtain a +1 rep point for a technical post and golly gosh you will be able to sell your crap here.

Glitta
26-03-2007, 08:06 PM
In no way is it excessive. This rule , is the end result of newcomers and some members signing up just to sell honda parts or goods - essentially abusing this free bandwidth.
This website is NOT about selling items , its a community of information for honda enthusiasts. Got something to sell ? Go to tradingpost.com instead.

Hence my point about the trade rating instead.. shows you contribute to the site but don't neccesarily have a good technical knowledge of Hondas... dosn't mean your abusing bandwidth.... If it's not about selling/buying things then why have the section at all..?

IMO its a poor response to blame the rules or moderators ( as usual) when there is something a member/newcomer personally dont like. "preferring to benefit OH members" is a joke? - more like benefit on our bandwidth.
The rules are simple , and they are easy to understand and work with :thumbsup:
I'm not blaming anyone simply stating a suggestion which is what the description on this section is. It's an idea im not saying that you "have" to do it... Heres another one it's not about your bandwidth as I would have no problem in paying a small fee for things sold on here... im hardly a newcomer I joined this site nearly 3 years ago...! I haven't received a PQ Point so im not considered a member because to be perfectly honest I don't spend my time tinkering with our cars.. I have a husband for that ;) So I don't know alot about mechanicals...

(in your instance) Simply try abit to help out , obtain a +1 rep point for a technical post and golly gosh you will be able to sell your crap here.
That was kinda my point I don't know anything all that technical about Hondas that any other joe blow down the road wouldn't know...

Anyways it was just an idea take it or leave it I don't really care as most of my "crap" is already listed on Ebay..... :P

bennjamin
26-03-2007, 08:44 PM
As stated before this is a site for Honda lovers not for selling. You dont have to be a technical genius to get +1 rep point either - people with more rep usually means they spend more time on the forum....*looks at self*

The for sale section is simply a bonus section for honda enthusiasts alike. Its not the basis for this forum so either work abit harder in posting or keep your items on ebay :)

yfin
26-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Not only that I've been a member for ages and ages if I haven't got membership status yet I hardly see things changing :) lol

You may have joined up a while ago but you have very few posts (15 posts in model forums). You will not get any PQ points if you don't contribute.

Selling here is a reward to people who contribute to the site and help other members. Those people who sit back and read everything without contributing are never going to be able to sell.

Mr_will
26-03-2007, 09:33 PM
in all seriousness, with the number of times the t&c's for selling have been covered, would it not be fair to mods and everyone else to just close these threads before they get any replies?

bennjamin
26-03-2007, 09:36 PM
that goes for EVERY single thread on ozhonda thats been covered ( IE 90% ) . Its left open for CURRENT discussion / thoughts / theory...
We welcome new ideas.

Altho there isnt any more point for this as the rules are black and white.

Mr_will
26-03-2007, 09:38 PM
lol so in summary you agree, for the purpose of this thread

Glitta
26-03-2007, 10:14 PM
lol So I should just repeat what everybody else has already said...?

That's not contributing anyways that's just saying what's already been said and wasting a perfectly good post on stuff that's already common knowledge!

I'm just going to get the answer to questions from my Husband then... im sure he would have half a clue about what you talk about in the technical section... cause I sure as hell don't!

bennjamin
27-03-2007, 09:05 AM
good luck there Glitta.

See ya in the for sale section some time soon.

closed.

wynode
29-03-2007, 11:25 PM
I want to know why you have to have membership status to sell things...?

Because in the past we had users signing up just to sell things and then dissapearing.

Why can't it be on trade ratings...?

To get a trade rating.....you have to be able to sell/buy something first and its hard to sell unless you're a "Member". Please have a look through the site discussion forum as explained the reasoning behind the system we have many a time before.

Cause to be perfectly honest there are heaps of people on here who have heaps more technical knowledge then me about Hondas.. but yet I have heaps of Honda stuff for sale and I have a trade rating so why can't I list things for sale...?

Considering you don't need to have a good technical knowledge to sell things...?

The thing is that you don't have to 'know everything'. All you have to do is answer somebody elses question or point them in the right direction. Ie HELP a fellow user out and share information. That's the idea.

Just thought I'd elaborate but like other have said......this has been discussed previously. PM me if you have any other issues.