PDA

View Full Version : carburator

chingaling
26-03-2007, 07:40 PM
just wanna know does the dual carb from a D series engine have a knob or sth that can adjust the fuel and air vacum.. ( tune ) .. couldn't find it :confused: sorry being a noob

EG5[KRT]
26-03-2007, 09:56 PM
should have some adjustment screws near the entrance of the carby

ECU-MAN
26-03-2007, 10:15 PM
you can adjust the idle mixture, but the power mixtures are adjusted by the variable main jets in the carby, this is controlled by spring and pulsing vacum solenoid and an ecu

chingaling
26-03-2007, 11:38 PM
that means.. cant really tune it myself with fuel and air.. ? need to bring it to my machanic and pull the thing off and tune it ?

Eclipsor
27-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong ecu man.

But essentially the carby should tune itself. The amount of air being sucked in and the position of the jet, as controlled by the springs etc, should control the amount of fuel being delivered in the venturi. Giving it a good clean is probably all you can do. Just to make sure the jets are clear and there aren't any restrictions anywhere. If you are going to take it apart to do this however. Look into the price of a gasket kit first. It's not cheap. Especially for the twin carbs.

If you have increased the amount of air being delivered and the jets aren't keeping up you can replace the jets with larger ones.

cristian
27-03-2007, 09:53 AM
yeah, no ecu in carbies bro...

ECU-MAN
27-03-2007, 10:59 PM
yeah, no ecu in carbies bro...

your a noob

Eclipsor

there is a solenoid per carby that controls air pressure on the top of the piston, these are controled by the ecu.

but you described the main function of carby, these solenoids still impact the mixture.

chingaling
28-03-2007, 01:35 AM
so which means if i clean the solinoid.. it might help alot .. they have two i think.. isn't it ? or just one ?

honda_b_blastn
28-03-2007, 10:02 PM
by some jet drills...thats a good starting point..but honestly not worth it.

ECU-MAN
28-03-2007, 11:41 PM
so which means if i clean the solinoid.. it might help alot .. they have two i think.. isn't it ? or just one ?

what you want to do is clean the pistons in the carbs, and make sure they are free to move up and down.

also make sure your oxygen sensor is ok.

chingaling
29-03-2007, 12:41 AM
what you want to do is clean the pistons in the carbs, and make sure they are free to move up and down.

also make sure your oxygen sensor is ok.

correct me if im wrong.. i had clean my piston already but the car still have the idling problem.. but its getting better.. car idles kinda high ( too low it will stalls) also lil bit rich .. im going to wrecker to get a 2nd hand carby solinoid see how it goes.. and also what do u mean the o2 sensor ? is it the one connected to the manifold ? thanks heaps ecu man:thumbsup:

ECU-MAN
29-03-2007, 09:58 AM
yes the oxygen sensot is connected to the exhaust manifold.

sounds like the EACV could be playing up,

what you do it get it idling fine, then unplug the EACV and see if how it behaves then. it should make the idle more consistant. if it dose then you will need to replace the EACV, changing the vacume solenoid may not help