PDA

View Full Version : Water Lines

SLOWEGG
26-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey ozhonda members,

I have abit of a problem here, im tyring to figure out where the turbo water lines go to, ive been reading some of the DIY and still dont understand. If anyone have a foto of where it connects to would be great. Also i read somewhere a T piece is needed? which i dont have.

The engine is a b16a.

Cheers,

TODA AU
28-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Use the water lines that go to the IACV & throttle.
Connect them between the throttle & the inlet of the pump.
No T-piece required.
Cheers

Adrian

DLO01
28-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Use the water lines that go to the IACV & throttle.
Connect them between the throttle & the inlet of the pump.
No T-piece required.
Cheers

Adrian

Yep, thats right ^^^

Disconnect the pipe that goes Engine to TB. Disconnect pipe that goes TB to IVAC. Run your new pipes to your turbo so it basically does not go through the TB.

Thats what I am doing on my car.

You do not need the water running though your TB, this is only there for colder climates where the butterfly can stick from iceing up.

[ricer]
28-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Yep, thats right ^^^

Disconnect the pipe that goes Engine to TB. Disconnect pipe that goes TB to IVAC. Run your new pipes to your turbo so it basically does not go through the TB.

Thats what I am doing on my car.

You do not need the water running though your TB, this is only there for colder climates where the butterfly can stick from iceing up.

so your iacv wouldnt operate anymore?

DLO01
28-03-2007, 08:19 AM
;1116337']so your iacv wouldnt operate anymore?

The IACV is still connected and still opperates. Your only skipping out the TB.

[ricer]
28-03-2007, 08:21 AM
oh i thought the iacv was controlled by coolant... my bad

DLO01
28-03-2007, 08:28 AM
;1116345']oh i thought the iacv was controlled by coolant... my bad

It is, thats what we are talking about. Water/Coolant is still flowing through the IACV

Flow would be from Engine -> Turbo -> IACV

Your skipping out the water through the TB.

[ricer]
28-03-2007, 08:35 AM
ok i think i have to go look at my engine bay again. have you got pics to show where exactly the lines connect?

DLO01
28-03-2007, 08:56 AM
;1116355']ok i think i have to go look at my engine bay again. have you got pics to show where exactly the lines connect?

Just have a look at your engine. It will make sense. :thumbsup:

SLOWEGG
28-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Ok, i had a look at my friend's setup. His one ran to a unit(dont know what its called) under his TB and the other pipe was connected to his head.

Nothing to the IACV, IACV is located on the back of the IM yes? Because ive been told 2 different things. Some honda mechanic said the unit at the bottom of my TB is my IACV and the unit on the back of my IM is called "electrical load detector" (my car is throwing that code) and has idle issues.

SLOWEGG
25-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok i got that part sorted out now but i just want to make sure of another thing. Is there a specific inlet and outlet on the turbo? Someone told me it just runs by pressure so it doesnt really matter which way you connect it.

The turbo is a GT28.

DLO01
26-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Ok i got that part sorted out now but i just want to make sure of another thing. Is there a specific inlet and outlet on the turbo? Someone told me it just runs by pressure so it doesnt really matter which way you connect it.

The turbo is a GT28.

Water flow direction 'does not' mater through the turbo, it can go either way. :thumbsup:

barefootbonzai
26-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Some honda mechanic said the unit at the bottom of my TB is my IACV and the unit on the back of my IM is called "electrical load detector" (my car is throwing that code) and has idle issues.

Your honda mechanic is a total dick. Don't know y you would bother asking randoms about these issues for.

Electrical load has nothing to do with idle either, it's only on JDM cars.

SLOWEGG
26-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Water flow direction 'does not' mater through the turbo, it can go either way. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dean for the 100th time..

JasonGilholme
26-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Super dean to the rescue!!! :p

Did you get the IACV Throttle problem sorted out??

SLOWEGG
27-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Super dean to the rescue!!! :p

Did you get the IACV Throttle problem sorted out??

Nope.. but its better now after the coolant flush. But my cold start idle takes a very long time to settle. Usually takes a few minutes of driving to warm up and the revs drop but now it just stays at 1500 even after 10minutes? :confused: