PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing noise on ignition

tuppelo
27-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi guys....

I have just had my ECU replaced but I am freaking out as I can hear some buzzing sound for 1 to 2 seconds.

Before I start car if I just turn my key to Ignition I can hear a buzzing sound as it something is going into the engine. I can hear a relay as well for short time and it sounds like fuel is being pushed into fuel injectors. The malfunction light is switched on for those 2 seconds and after that it gets switched off and everything runs as normal. There is no issues if I just switch the car on. It runs with no problems.

The same sound can be heard when I take power lead off from one of the battery terminals.

Cur runs with no problems but I am just concerned.

Anyone had any similar problem or does anyone know what it could be??

Thanks.
:honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda:

ECU-MAN
27-03-2007, 09:10 AM
sounds normal, when you 1st turn the key to pos II the ecu primes the main relay which drives the fuel pump, some times the fuel running through the lines and fuel filter resonates and makes a buzzing sound.

mikeypoopi3
27-03-2007, 10:43 PM
yeah thats normal man

tuppelo
28-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Thanks to all. But I am just freaking out. When my computer died on my i had a malfunction code flashing "D4" on my dash. And when i am starting my car now D4 is flashing a fraction of a second before engine is actually started.

I have just done a check once again and ECU is not reporting any errors.

Thanks again.

ECU-MAN
28-03-2007, 08:50 AM
does the D4 ligt flash when you short out the blue SCS connector ???

tuppelo
29-03-2007, 02:08 AM
does the D4 ligt flash when you short out the blue SCS connector ???

Nope, it does not.