PDA

View Full Version : 1993 vti-r squeaking

Stunn-R
27-03-2007, 07:57 AM
hey guys.

I am seeming to have an issue with squeeking when i drive my car. now the sound will appear at different stages, mostly when it drive over a bump, but then again it doesnt always happen when you hit a bump, its like it will happen if the suspension goes past a certain point or somthing, dunno how to explain it 1oo%. the sound comes from the rear of the car. when i got my car serviced at hannys they said they grease up some joints, they did but it didnt fix the issue. i wondering if you guys can help at all. cheers.

(just incase ur wondering, its another user using the account, I was at the honda vs nissan cruze in the silver integra).

bennjamin
27-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Do you have lowered suspension or a aftermarket rear swaybar etc ?
sound could be rear traling arm bushes. Big rubber bushes in the back that wear out over time and will squeak.

EuroDude
27-03-2007, 09:26 AM
My Civic used to do that, sometimes dirt can build up in the suspension components and under the springs. Hose them down to remove the dirt and grease the sprints/bushes/joints up with some lithium grease spray.

And yeh check the state of the rubber bushes like bren said, they could be cracked and worn out

Stunn-R
27-03-2007, 11:49 AM
ok ill check that out. and no that car is as stock. hannys said they greased them up but ill do it again.

fusion
31-03-2007, 01:45 AM
yeah i have that too on my 96 vtir - its lowered now though with different suspension/springs. but im sure it happened when on stock too.

basically when i go over bumps (most noticable when its cold outside and the cars cold) with my front left wheel, the strut makes a squeaky noise.
its much more noticable when only the left front wheel goes over the bump, and not both wheels at the same time.