PDA

View Full Version : Replaceing 6x9's in CD5 accord

Bez180sx
27-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey guys, Im looking at replacing the 6x9's with another pair. Will another pair of 6x9's fit straight in or dose there need to be some modification ?

integraz
27-03-2007, 09:16 AM
a little modification, but put mdf spacers in and it'll be better, more solid mounting.

D4rk4n63l
27-03-2007, 10:12 AM
a little modification, but put mdf spacers in and it'll be better, more solid mounting.

Agreed, but to further improve the bass, put dynamat (or if you're on a budget, get flashtac from bunnings) around it about 5-10cm over the edges top and bottom of the panel. This will absorb the rattle a 6x9 will normally give:thumbsup:

SiReal
27-03-2007, 10:18 AM
If you're car has stock 6x9s, then NO modificationis to chassis are required to replace it with ANOTHer set of 6x9s. Just be familiar with how to take them out and put them back in.

Only modification needed is to snip the stock speaker wiring harness and to crimp/solder onto your new speaker terminals. takes 20 minutes.

Do that first, before adding spacers/dynamat whatever, to see if you are happy with the bass produced. If you get rattle - which i didnt, do what above says - even just getting some rubbing piping or semi hard foam could do the trick. I just did a straight swap and i'm very happy. no need for additional bits n pieces.

E-Gene
03-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Any suggestions for good 6x9s? I don't want to put a sub in the car but I want the sound to be a bit more bassy, cos I listen to mainly rock and stuff with lots of guitars.

Xplodin
05-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Well this pretty much comes down to what type of Budge you have and how serious you are into your sound. I just went with Pioneer 6X9 With the rubber surround not the plastic. But if your more serious into sound then get a decent pair of Focals or Eclips. I've only ever heard High reviews about them. Last but not least, Your amp has to beable to support the speakers. No point have good speakers but a shit house amp. Stupid if u ask me. But Good luck.

E-Gene
05-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm thinking about not running an amp (to save cost) and just change the front speakers and the rear 6x9 to improve the sound in my Euro. Comments?

arverson
06-04-2007, 02:43 AM
bez: it SHOULD fit straight in. if not, just make a mdf spacer. wats ur budget?? does ur system have anything else??

e-gene: try DD 6x9's. theyre pretty bassy, but ANY 6x9s will NOT b a replacement for a sub (even a 8" sub) - especially if u dont want to amp any of ur speakers. wats ur budget??

Xplodin
06-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I can't remember what it sounds like in the Euro, but from my memory it sounds pretty dam good stock. I think its just like every car today, speaker quality are getting better from factory, Just like my mates Corolla As E-Gene would know. But Change them and see how you go. remember Arverson is right, 6X9 is no replacement for a sub, pretty much its got heavier bass but thats it. But I recon its enough for some.

E-Gene, Change the speakers over and see how you go with it. I think rears are like 2 ways stock. I'd go for somthing of 3 ways for the rear just to give it more definition. Front, I'd go all out on the front because its pretty much where you the owner of the car sits. And sound quality is an important part of enjoying your car.

Oh, If anyone ever has a chance to go to a Subaru Dealer, Check out the Liberty GT Either Sedan, or wagon. MacIntosh Sound system. It about a 4 grand set up and the sound Just blows you away!

arverson
06-04-2007, 01:10 PM
its not that subs have 'heavier' bass - wateva that means - but it can go louder and LOWER. ur 6x9s may b able to play down to 60-70hz, but it wont play the lower notes (<60hz'ish) as loud as a sub/s can. which means youll b missing out on alot of SUBbass.
for rears, 2-way is more than sufficient.

e-gene: if youre looking to improve the sound, then i would just get splits for the front, amp them & SD the front doors.. THEN if i had any money left id buy new rears. but without a budget its hard to suggest wat to do

mrwillz
06-04-2007, 02:42 PM
cd5 and 6x9 no probs mate
but u wont b able to put stock speaker cover back on

Xplodin
06-04-2007, 03:15 PM
cd5 and 6x9 no probs mate
but u wont b able to put stock speaker cover back on
Why not? i did. Mine Fits fine.

E-Gene
07-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm don't really want to spend more than $500 to improve the sound cos like you guys say, it's pretty good already but I would like some slight improvement. 3 way rears sound good. But can I run new splits from the headunit? I'm thinking Hertz atm.

Euro2005
09-04-2007, 04:50 PM
I upgraded my Honda Euro in Febuary 2005

The system is still brilliant, the sound quality is fabulous.
I am still using the same head unit and steering wheel controls that came with the Euro. To look at the car you can not tell anything has changed.

I had it all done by Northfield Moorooka - Absolutely Terrific Service
Full Installation, All wiring Etc, No Cutting
http://www.northfieldmoorooka.com.au

Front Door Speakers and Tweeters - Focal 165 V Slim
The BEST and ONLY Speakers That Will Fit With Out Cutting .
Focal Polyglass speakers use one of the most unique woofer cone materials that we have ever come across. Focal uses a unique process to deposit a layer of hollow silica micro-balls over specialized pulp cellulose cones. This unique material, which feels a lot like sand paper, neutralizes the effect of standing waves along the surface. Polyglass stiffens the cone while significantly increasing neutrality and imaging qualities. The unique 1-3/4" TN 45 tweeter features Focals unique inverted titanium dome design which provides far better mechanical coupling to the voice coil than regular dome tweeter designs. This creates an upper end with resolution and detail that other tweeters simply cant touch. The tweeters come complete with accessories for flush or surface mounting. All Focal products are handcrafted in France, with every component manufactured in-house under the tightest quality control standards. Designed to fit oversized 7" 4-hole openings.
http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/polyglass.htm

Back Speakers 6x9 - Eclipse SE8493
Key Features
Size: 6 ? 9" 4-Way
Continuous Power Handling: 75W
Music Power Handling: 150W
Frequency Response: 50Hz-40Hz
Sensitivity: 98dB
Cone Material: Mica/Poly
Surround Material: Rubber
Voice Coil Former: Kapton
Midrange Dome: Mylar
Tweeter Dome: Mylar
Super-Tweeter Dome: Mylar
Tweeter Magnet Material: Neodymium
Woofer Magnet Material: Ferrite
Mounting Depth: 3 1/16"
http://www.eclipse-web.com/

Amplifier - Alpine MRP-F240
V-Power 4/3/2 Channel Power Amplifier
This 4 channel V-Power amplifier delivers exceptionally high performance and detailed control. Combined with Alpine's famous sound quality, it's versatility will allow it to adapt to many configurations.
# 75W x 4 (Max)
# 100W x 2 RMS [4Ohms - Bridged @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
# 50W x 4 RMS [2Ohms @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
# 40W x 4 RMS [4Ohms @ 14.4V (0.08% THD)]
# Bass engine
# HP/LP Crossover
# Bass EQ (Variable Ch-3/4)
# RCA or Speaker Level Inputs
# MOSFET Output Transistors
http://www.alpine.com.au/

RCA Connector & Electrical Noise Eliminator - Peripheral Sven4
Best channel Audio Converter available---period!
The sven4 line level converter is the only LLC that we have found that does not introduce engine noise to the system in a Euro. inc, alpine, cali gold, and a few others. (same with BMW systems.)
For the Ultimate in Sound Quality and Signal transfer the SVEN4 is the Only Solution.
The SVEN4 was recently awarded the coveted innovations award at the 2004 Consumer Electronics Association Show.
Four channel Premium Sound Interfacing Device.
RCA level or speaker level input or output. The SVEN4 is perfectly suited for replacing the factory amplified system and retaining the OEM radio or for Premium OEM head-unit replacement. It can also be used as a standard line output converter. (LOC applications require vehicle specific sound harness--sold seperately).
NOTE: 60 watts maximum input per channel.

It all works perfectly and sounds AWESOME

mrwillz
09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Why not? i did. Mine Fits fine.

got some super 6x9's and its phat
so yea no go

Spoon-Accord
09-04-2007, 07:15 PM
no need for modifactions..

on most 6x9's they have a plastic mount braket thing..

istead of putting the speaker from top.. why dont u put it from the bottom up

:D

still retain the stock grills :D

my 2 cents

Bez180sx
10-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all the replys guys..
I just installed my headunit last week and the stock speakers sound a 100times better already..
Im actualy pretty happy with them for now, I thought they were going to be shit house but they will do the job nicely untill I can afford a good stereo..

Thanks guys...

E-Gene
12-04-2007, 03:06 PM
So it's a direct swop for 6x9s?