PDA

View Full Version : help needed o.0

enkay
27-03-2007, 12:51 PM
okay, i was chaging the hid bulbs today, and while undoin the screw that holds the hid bulbs on the left side (kinda hard with all that piping n stuff there), i dropped the screw driver o.0!!!! I tried goin through the wheel arches part and couldnt find it..
but i was knockin on the bottom of the cars plastic parts and i could tell where it was, but couldnt reach it. the screwdriver is like to the right of the foglight place but a bit back. could anyone tell me wat to do? or do i have to remove the whole front bumper? (never done that b4)

EuroDude
27-03-2007, 01:08 PM
No you dont need to remove the bumper. There is a plastic shielding underneath the front bumper held on by some bolts and clips. Remove the bolts and clips and it will come off, then retrieve your screwdriver.

enkay
27-03-2007, 01:12 PM
thanks mate =D u legend will have to do this after i come back from college thou haha

EuroDude
27-03-2007, 01:17 PM
no probs. if the car isnt lowered then you can easily reach the bolts/clips. You may just need to undo a couple of bolts on the left side so u can reach in and grab it.

aaronng
27-03-2007, 01:20 PM
If you break a few of the clips, don't worry. The dealer sells them for about $4 each.

Open up the corner of the plastic shield. Peel it down a bit, hit on the plastic to "bounce" the screwdriver towards your corner, which is slightly lower. Then when you can feel the screwdriver, pull it out.

And do this WITHOUT jacking your car up. If you want to go underneath with a jack, you MUST use jackstands. And if you jack it up, the screwdriver will roll to the rear of the panel too. :)

JasonGilholme
27-03-2007, 01:24 PM
If you break a few of the clips, don't worry. The dealer sells them for about $4 each.

Open up the corner of the plastic shield. Peel it down a bit, hit on the plastic to "bounce" the screwdriver towards your corner, which is slightly lower. Then when you can feel the screwdriver, pull it out.

And do this WITHOUT jacking your car up. If you want to go underneath with a jack, you MUST use jackstands. And if you jack it up, the screwdriver will roll to the rear of the panel too. :)

Sounds like you've dropped a screw driver before :P

EuroDude
27-03-2007, 01:26 PM

all mechs and DIY'ers do at some stage :p

JasonGilholme
27-03-2007, 01:29 PM
all mechs and DIY'ers do at some stage :p

Don't get me wrong, i've done it millions of times as well in my DIY experiences.

Sounds like ben has dropped it in exactly the same place tho.

tron07
27-03-2007, 03:11 PM
I think can get the screw and clips at repco at a cheaper price... but they sell it in bulk, like 4 or more in a small container, so you will get some spares.

aaronng
27-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Nah, I've dropped sockets and bolts. Haven't had the chance to drop a screwdriver in yet (touch wood/metal).

E-Gene
28-03-2007, 11:47 PM
When I work on my car, what I tend to do with screwdrivers or wrenches is to tie a shoelace to them and the other end to my wrist. I've got a tendency to drop stuff so that helps.

sendok
03-04-2007, 03:18 PM
got the screwdriver already? :D

dc2dc2dc2
03-04-2007, 03:20 PM
ahahaha...smart diy tips. tie a shoelace to the end of ur screwdriver and to ur wrist !

enkay
03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
haha yer i got the screwdiver when i had time =D, found out it wasnt actually at the bottom, jsut when i knocked the bottom piece it was actually hitting another part of the car where the screwdriver actually was took me a while to figure that out =P but after i found out i just reached in and grabbed it lol
thanks for advice anyways thou