PDA

View Full Version : alpine rux-4280

micka
24-06-2004, 12:56 AM
hi all,
going to be putting subs and another amp in car in a week or two. 2 x alpine swr-1221d and 1 x mrd-m500. i have worked out how the subs and amp are going in. the ptoblem i have is that an rux-4280 remote amp control came with the amp and subs; i have no idea where to put this.
I have an eg hatch, and the only place ive been able to think to mount it is in place of the 'pocket', and fiberglass up any gap above the unit. My original hope was to put it in place of the ash tray, but its not quite with enough, and there's too much metal stuff that i don't want to touch.
Has anyone mounted one of these in an eg? or have any ideas about where i can put it?

stoney
21-09-2004, 07:38 AM
you can get a 1din mounting for the controler.

micka
21-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Really? are you sure? any idea of the part number, just out of interest's sake. I have it installed now so its not really an issue anymore. I removed the change pocket (below the ash tray, infront of the shifter). the gap above the rux-4280 was filled with a bit of wood trimmed in grey vynal.

ludester
21-09-2004, 11:17 AM
from what i remember you cant get a 1-din mounting part for the RUX-4280....

i have a rux-4280 and i took out the cig lighter and ash tray and glassed the RUX into that spot...the rux-4280 is a nice and small unit, what isnt to hard to install into parts of the car...

but sit in the drivers seat, have the doors closed, and look around inside the car, and look for a place that its easy to get to, and sit it there, and see if it looks good, if not just keep looking for places that its easy to get to, and that you feel that it looks good.

Make the car your car, and work out where you want to put it...

micka
21-09-2004, 01:38 PM
i may not have been clear in my last post, the initial post was made about 4 months ago, and thus i have had it installed for sometime now. I put the post up initially (4 months ago) to see if anyone had any ideas i hadn't thought of yet, so i could assess the best place for my car and for convienience.

i'd like to know the part number for the 1 din mounting part because i think it's possibly the stupidest thing you could ever need/ want for an eg civic. the rux is a small remote controller, why on earth would you want to make mounting harder by increasing the size of the thing. Sure, it would make sense if the car came with a 2 din head and a 1 din headunit was installed, you could fill the gap with the rux.

i guess what i am getting at is there was no need to bring back a post that died months ago.
[/rant]

ludester
21-09-2004, 05:41 PM
well dude, ill clarify this for you, there is no 1-din or 2-din or anything for the rux to be mounted with

micka
22-09-2004, 12:44 AM
sorry, should have quoted rant wasn't directed at you ludester; you managed to provide logical and valid information. the rant was for bringing back a dead thread.

ludester
22-09-2004, 10:56 AM
thats cool man...if you need any imformation about alpine and other audio equipement i help...this is the 4th car ive done with a crazy stereo

are you going to autosalon final battle???

4thGenExi
24-09-2004, 08:19 PM
I've got an RUX-4280 and these things fit just about anywhere. So what if it doesnt have a 1din mounting bracket, you can easily make one.

ludester
25-09-2004, 08:35 AM
or you could easily put it anywhere like you said...mines moulded to where the ash tray is ment to be.