PDA

View Full Version : What Price to pay for an Auto Euro???

Pecker
24-06-2004, 03:44 AM
Hey guys,

Im about to buy an auto Euro in melbourne and was wondering if you guys can please recommend a dealer and tell me what proce you paid for it.

The best ive managed so far is $34,500 on road from Heidelberg Honda.

Your help is greatly appreciated! :) :) :)

Chi
24-06-2004, 03:56 AM
Is htat brand new or 2nd hand?

And what does it come with like any axtras and add on's?

Pecker
24-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Thats stock as a rock brand new Euro 5 speed auto.

yfin
24-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Pecker - I am sure you are a nice guy and all but post number 2 and you are asking "tell me the price you paid?"

Is it just me or does anyone else dislike posts asking you how much you paid for a new car?

I will tell my good friends or someone I know personally - but I am not keen to advertise to the whole internet what I paid for a car.

Sorry to be a grump... it just makes me cringe when I see such personal questions. You will probably get the answer you want and never return to this board again.

:?

h22a accord
24-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Sorry to be a grump... it just makes me cringe when I see such personal questions. You will probably get the answer you want and never return to this board again.

:?

do you fold or scrunch? is that question too personal :P

yfin
24-06-2004, 09:27 PM
scrunch actually..
8)

h22a accord
24-06-2004, 09:47 PM
scrunch actually..
8)

do you use your left or right hand?

bigdongers
24-06-2004, 11:53 PM
I dont think its too personal a question. people visit these boards to get help and we all want a good deal when buying a car.

Pecker
25-06-2004, 12:41 AM
yfin: i thought the whole point of a forum was for people with similar interest to get together and share there knowledge, experience, advice etc so that the Honda community can benefit from it.

Seeing as though this is a Honda website in the Accord section i think its a more than fitting place to ask for help with a purchase.

Maybe i worded the first post wrong, I just want to know where you guys recommend in melb to go and secondly a ball park of what i should be paying. No need to get all defensive.

Anyway hopefully i can buy this car (at a competitive price) and come back to this forum as a proud first time Honda owner and be a member of the Ozhonda community.

But there is no need to set up an arrogant barrier against me cos im a newbie.

Sorry for the long post. :) :) :)

toE
25-06-2004, 01:56 AM
think there was an earlier thread with similar questions. have a look or do a search. :)

wat color u intend to get btw?? :)

coladuna
25-06-2004, 02:21 AM
gosh! what's the big deal about telling others how much you paid for your car? It's not like it's a top secret!
Everyone knows roughly how much you paid for your car, so it won't hurt to tell someone the exact figure, will it?
Well, unless you're trying to make out that you bought a $100K car to show off to others, I don't see a reason why not.
It's not like he's asking how much you earn, which would be a personal question.

Pecker
25-06-2004, 07:54 AM
yeah thanks guys,

im tossing up between charcoal and black, what do you boys think.

Its a such a sexy car in any colour though.

toE: i tried searching but didnt find anything.

bigdongers
25-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Black is personally my favourite colour in any car but only get the black Euro if you:

a) don't mind the cream interior and
b) don't mind washing your car all the time :)

I have had 2 consecutive black cars and you really need to wash it weekly to keep it looking good.

In the Euro, I would get the charcol/graphite colour.

coladuna
25-06-2004, 02:43 PM
I'd probably get black.
It looks the best.

Slugoid
25-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Paid RRP for my auto Accord luxury, but doesn't really bother me cos it's such a great car. Every cent was worth it.

As for colour, you know you want black ;)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/slugoid/Euro/

If you don't fancy the cream interior, then graphite is not bad. Artic Blue would be my next pick (it's a good colour that not many people pick).

Dominik
25-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Even though i ended up buying a black (Charcoal) car, i intended to get a white or light coloured one.

Reason is two-fold:
1) you need to wash black cars all the time, and once you do you will have dust on it the instant you finish washing it.

2) if someone so much as brushes past your car while it is parked, you will notice a mark. Even the tinyest scratches stand out, and it will really begin to bug you after a while.

P.S. I think that Black with Cream interior is a sexy combo ;)

h22a accord
25-06-2004, 06:03 PM
go the black one if u are prepared to take your car to a pro detailer fortnightly for a professional clean. or learn how to keep a black car looking brand new for ever. if u want to know anything just ask me

if you go with black, may i suggest some dealer paint protection.
ming is a good one, i have a contract with a dealership to do new car protection. if u want to know more about the PP just PM me. ;)

cam the car cleaner :P

coladuna
29-06-2004, 01:02 AM
if you go with black, may i suggest some dealer paint protection.
ming is a good one, i have a contract with a dealership to do new car protection. if u want to know more about the PP just PM me. ;)

Dealer paint protection is a bloody rip off and a waste of money, I reckon.
Just wax it yourself every once in a while and you'll save heaps of money with the same effect.

h22a accord
29-06-2004, 01:39 PM
hey buddy, think about why i asked people interested in it to PM me.

while i agree the paint protection is a rip off, i dont agree that waxing it once in a while will do the same job.

Wax is not a paint cleaner, if u just wax your car you are not looking after your paint properly as wax doesn not remove the build up of grime, oxidiastion, industrial fall out, waterspots etc. you will simply be applying wax over all of this. Sure, it might shine and the water will bead but you are only kidding yourself if you think that a wax every now and then is sufficient to maintain that flawless new car shine.

on the other hand paint protection is a teflon based product that seals the paint and prolongs the damage that can be caused from the harsh environment we live in. In actual fact it saves people from their own wrong doings, ie, by doing more harm than good when it comes to the care of the paintwork on their vehicle.

I have had 10 year old vehicles come into my shop for detailing that have had paint protection applied when new and the difference in the condition of the paintwork compared to a similar aged car without it is like chalk and cheese.

personally, i use a 3 step process to maintain the condition of my vehicles paint.

-paint cleaner
-glaze
-paint protection.

like i said, dealer paint protection is a rip off, but if you want it done for a resonable price, PM me.

heres a cuple of pics of me 10 year old original paintjob.

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/mingpp.jpg

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/mingpp1.jpg

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/Ming3.jpg