PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to turn on window demister after tint?

yeehou
28-03-2007, 09:12 PM
I just got my car tinted. Is it ok to turn on window demister? will it damage the tint? Any suggestion on how to take care of the tint?

Fr3aKi3
28-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Wait a few days before you use the rear demister, same with winding the windows down.

When I had my windows tinted there was a note saying to leave the windows up for 48hours and leave the demister OFF for the same period of time. The guy who tinted my car actually said to leave the car out in the sun when possible as well.

As for cleaning tints, use a cleaner which is ammonia free (Meguiar's Glass cleaner or NXT glass cleaner). Use a microfibre cloth and make sure that it's free of dirt otherwise it might scratch the tints.

aimre
28-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Not sure, but i would give it atleast a day or two. Didnt the people who tinted it give you details on how to take car of it??

yeehou
28-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the info. He didn't say about the rear demister.

XB-16-AX
28-03-2007, 10:10 PM
leave it a copule of days but a full week to be 100%.

try and leave your car in an area where alot of sun rays hits the car, so that the heat rays and heat in the car dry up any bubbles and the film to stick on the windows.

the last thing u want is going back to get them removed and replaced again coz u didnt let it dry fully!

mrwillz
28-03-2007, 10:17 PM
yeah wot others has sed and keep out of rain also
2 days wud b good
then go nuts

Boban
29-03-2007, 04:25 PM
i had the 48hrs sticker too. Left it outside and after 2 days all good, but the guy stuffed up my demister when he was taking off the old tint, so no demister for me. never used it anyways.

TheSaint
29-03-2007, 09:42 PM
i was told a week of no windows up and down and 2 weeks of no demister wen i got 3m put on my eg civic sedan.... bich of a job to do the back window on those things

defect
31-03-2007, 11:38 AM
pretty shocking if you got no a/c, maybe get the guy to leave one window untinted so you can put the window up/down and when the rest drys, bring it back to get that one tinted.

yuk, i wanted to get mine redone but driving around with no a/c and windows can be a problem.

Riviera
01-04-2007, 07:57 AM
yeah wot others has sed and keep out of rain also
2 days wud b good
then go nuts

Keep it out of the rain :confused: tints are on the inside... unless u leave ur windows down when its raining