PDA

View Full Version : Strength of Euro's steering wheel

^__^ SM ^__^
28-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Hello again everyone,

I let my friend drive my euro today. So stupid of me. At the roundabout he got pissed off with another driver and banged the top of my steering wheel REALLY HARD two times (by top of steering wheel i mean the part that's uppermost when the wheels are straight, NOT the horn). I got REALLY REALLY mad at him!!

I am wondering if somehow that bent the wheel so it's not round and sit flat anymore. Or somehow detached the wheel from the steering column. What does the screws that hold the steering wheel on the steering column look like? Are they strong? Can they be broken by some guy banging on the top of the steering wheel.

Can anyone help? Thanks heaps.

yfin
28-03-2007, 10:36 PM
I think the steering wheel can handle more abuse than being hit twice.

Relax. Unless you can see visible damage it will be ok. Just don't let your friend drive the car again!

E-Gene
28-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I hit my steering wheel like a drum when I've got my fave tunes on, and well, it's still round so you shouldn't worry.

kam
29-03-2007, 12:01 AM
lol your friends got some issues

it takes a lot more than a slow driver in front of me to warrant that kind of reaction

oh and hitting cars is like hitting women - australia sais no

sendok
29-03-2007, 09:13 AM
haha... all responds are good! :D

i'm also use it like a drum when i play my fave's song.. that' will be ok.. if your friend abuse the steering wheel to bad... the airbag will come out :D lolz...

anyway, don't give him the key anymore..

^__^ SM ^__^
29-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone for your support!! Of course never give keys to him anymore.

I feel a lot better now. Cheers. OzHonda is very very warm community. :)

tron07
29-03-2007, 10:41 AM
I wouldnt even let him sit in the car anymore let alone to drive it.... :p

Jazzle
30-03-2007, 12:21 AM
ur friend's a biatch.. if he's pissed.. get out of the car and chase that car himself.. dont take it out on friend's car like a puss.. =) feel sorry for you buddy.

Butso
02-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Just hit him as hard as he hit ur steering wheel. Twice. You'll feel much better.

tony1234
02-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I wouldnt even let him sit in the car anymore let alone to drive it.... :p
I agree.i wouldnt let him near it.:thumbdwn:

Riviera
02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
dont let him near your steering wheel ever again that poor thing abuse to hondas australia says no

i smash my steering wheel lol it vibrates like crazy but no broken ness if it will break from sumone hitting it imagine getting in an accident.... breaks flies off then yea sumone have a honda print on there forehead