PDA

View Full Version : earth problem?

coolson
29-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi guys,

i just got a question with me sound system. because i can sometime hear some high pitch noise when i accelerate the car.

i have heard that if you screw the amp at the back of the back car seats. i may have some problem.

please have a look a the pic. and i am actually screwing the amp to the metal frame inside the back seat. is that the cause of the high pitch noise?

if it is how can i overcome this problem. thanks!

thanks!

civic racer
29-03-2007, 05:00 PM
No mate nothing to do with where you mounted the amp. Look at where you've grounded the amp is there bare metal( has the paint been sanded away) try that if it still does upgrade the earthing on your battery to the chasis.

coolson
29-03-2007, 05:13 PM
No mate nothing to do with where you mounted the amp. Look at where you've grounded the amp is there bare metal( has the paint been sanded away) try that if it still does upgrade the earthing on your battery to the chasis.

Actually I didn't install the system. and I am a noob on this. can you give me some hints on where i can trouble shoot the problem?

where can a normally find the ground for the amp?

Thanks in advance!

civic racer
29-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Actually I didn't install the system. and I am a noob on this. can you give me some hints on where i can trouble shoot the problem?

where can a normally find the ground for the amp?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, you will have a negative wire coming from your amp usually brown on silver have a look and see if you can find out how its touching the vechile body. (screw, bolt ect.)

coolson
29-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Ok, you will have a negative wire coming from your amp usually brown on silver have a look and see if you can find out how its touching the vechile body. (screw, bolt ect.)

Cool. thanks will have a look sometime and post back some feedback. will take some photos if possible.

tron07
30-03-2007, 08:59 AM
its installation problem....
ground point not good or power or ground too near RCA or speaker cable.

EuroDude
30-03-2007, 09:16 AM
When you have acceleration feedback, it usually means you have the Amps power cable too close to the RCA audio cables.

Never run the RCA's on the same side of the car as the Power Cable.
Route the power cable on the left side, and the RCA's on the right side.
If it still happens, then relocate the Amps Earth cable and reroute the RCA's so they dont cross over the Power and Earth cables

You can get line filters that remove the interference

kid_dynamite
30-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Read this article. It's well written and has a logical, step-by-step guide to identify what is causing the noise in your car:
http://www.termpro.com/articles/noise.html

teh_mechanic
04-04-2007, 07:24 PM
yeah thats a definite ground problem. Try moving your amps ground to a chassis point if possible to ensure its a clean connection(dont forget to scrape the paint away).You can try a ground loop isolator too (available from autobarn etc). Running RCA's n power cables near each other isnt that much of a problem these days because of the high quality cables available...but it doesnt hurt to seperate them