PDA

View Full Version : Help with sizing of stock DC2 rear speakers

Integra_guy
24-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Hey all,

I've had some 6x9s in my parcel shelf but they are now had it and I'm wanting to re-connect my original speakers in the back seat up. They are missing, but the holes are there for them. I measured 130mm cutout size and the moutning holes need to be a few mm more then the cutout.
I've been to a few places but cannot find any the right size.

Does anyone know of a brand and sizing that will fit?

Cheers
Justin

vti-2
24-06-2004, 07:09 PM
6" co-ax's will fit perfectly. I ran Hertz rears in mine.

Brands? Try Pioneer, Alpine, Hertz, Infinity, PG, Boston...

lux_tv
26-06-2004, 09:09 PM
your very lucky, I had just installed a set of rear speakers in my dc2 today.

Anything 6 inch will fit, but you might have to drill holes in the plastic surround to screw them in (stock speakers only have 3 screws)

Look on www.team-integra.com for info on how to get to them, you will have to take the back seats out then the inside plastic panels on each side to get to the speakers.

Should take an hour or two
Clearance behind its not a problem, so dont worry about the magnet size

If your wondering I put alpine 6 inch 2 ways in there and they sound fine.

Integra_guy
27-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info. why did you have to take your seats out? The front grill covers just pop out and allow full access to the speaker holes?

Thanks

lux_tv
27-06-2004, 11:25 AM
unless you can get your speaker through that hole (i found it impossible) you have to take out the whole bit of plastic that covers it- to do so you have to take the rear seats out

EG_2_TEG
05-07-2004, 09:38 PM
it is possible to change the rear speakers without taking the whole plastic thing off
only thing is my bro cut his finger trying to get one of the speakers out :|

joneblaze
05-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Sorry for the hijack..I suppose it's semi related, but what size are the front DC speakers and how difficult is it to change them? :)
I was thinking either some decent co-ax's or a set of Boston FS 60s (which will take more work).

vti-2
06-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Anything 6 inch will fit, but you might have to drill holes in the plastic surround to screw them in (stock speakers only have 3 screws)

3 screws should be heaps!

Thanks for the info. why did you have to take your seats out? The front grill covers just pop out and allow full access to the speaker holes?

Thanks

You have to take the seats out and then the side panels. Otherwise, you will never get the factory speakers out and new ones in without doing damage to the speakers and breaking panels. Trust me. ;)

it is possible to change the rear speakers without taking the whole plastic thing off
only thing is my bro cut his finger trying to get one of the speakers out :|

Errrr... show me. :D

Sorry for the hijack..I suppose it's semi related, but what size are the front DC speakers and how difficult is it to change them? :)
I was thinking either some decent co-ax's or a set of Boston FS 60s (which will take more work).

Jon - Stock ones are 6" from memory but 6.5" will fit nicely. You will need to make spacers for most decent splits (and even coaxs) because there won't be enough clearance from the magnet to the window.

EG_2_TEG
23-07-2004, 03:35 PM
my camera is in melbourne gettin fixed atm
is anyone lives in melbourne, can they go to CR Kennedy and abuse the f#$k out of them
cheers

z3lda
25-07-2004, 09:45 PM
are 6" speakers rear/front the common size for the majority of 92+ honda 2door sport cars? or do they varie from model to model?

Psyklops
26-07-2004, 06:33 PM
z3lda, my 95 EG Vti hatch came with 4" fronts (pffffttt So small!), and 5" rears....the fronts are now 6" with MDF spacers, the rears are yet to be upgraded....I may just get some decent 5" replacements at this point.....this is if the Vti is considered a 2 door sports car ;)