PDA

View Full Version : Paint Issue

Sp00ny
31-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Old Thread

Kiz_EG6
01-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey, it will depend how many repair jobs it has had done. It sounds like a dodgy color match to me!
I would take it to a panel shop and have them take a look at it, or ask a detailer what they could do... Really though if it's a bad color match it will need a respray on the back to get it looking A1!

It is very difficult to get an exact match when a car is repaired, so you pretty much have top either live with it or get the whole car touched up to match!

Sp00ny
01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
i find it very odd that only one coat of the clear has turned that way, and underneath is perfect. The colour match underneath the dodgy clear is perfect. The exact same colour, its just that top coat.

Zilli
01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
i might be wrong here, but it sounds as though your clear coat is deteriorating, either from poor repairwork, or lack of paint maintenance in the past. If its only in one area, then you can pretty much be certain that there is non standard paint somewhere

maybe if you could post some pics we could help you more, and this should be in the detailing thread