PDA

View Full Version : Is this true???`

IRI
24-06-2004, 08:49 PM
If you want to change to aftermarket header in a DC5R, you will have to take out the strut bar, and somehow replace the cat? If true, why?

Actually, while Im posting I'll ask another question. I'm at the point where I've got enough $$$ saved to either go all out on my dc2r (I/H/E, rims and CF bonnet). Or used the money I've saved to do this, sell the dc2r and buy a dc5r. I've read a few posts on peoples opinions between the two, which people think is better etc. Also checked up on places like Honda website, cars guide drive, RACV roadtests etc. All of which state the dc5r is faster and a hell of a lot more aerodynamic <-(other peoples words not mine). See my dilemma do up the car I already have, Or start again with a new, means i got to save all over again before i start modding.

wynode
24-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Keep in mind that there is presently a lot more aftermarket support (and testing to confirm results) for the b series than there is for the new K series.

sharik
24-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Also keep in mind that most of your research might be on the JDM DC5R, were many performance parts are not included in the AUS spec DC5R.

mugsee
24-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Theres a lot of difference between the JDM dc5r and the aus.spec dc2r, and imo, it essentially comes down to what you want out of your car; Do you want a hardcore track machine, or a more street orientated setup with a bit more class?

The dc2 is a hardcore timeless shape and comes with jdm components from factory, while the dc5 has a (imo) much nicer interior and more appealing shape, although the aus.spec version that we get is pretty crap - our exhaust system is less than 2" and theres heaps of room for modding potential.

Take a look around www.clubrsx.com in the australian section for heaps of discussions on this issue. ;)

FR33K
24-06-2004, 10:07 PM
DC5R all the way !!

mugsee
24-06-2004, 10:21 PM
btw, have you been in a dc5r before?

Tofu
24-06-2004, 10:26 PM
you say you want to get aftermarket dc5r header?, but you have a dc2r??

if you're talking about taking a "bar" out...then i'm assuming you're talking about the DC5R and it's the front sway bar not strut bar

you will need to do this because aftermarket headers has larger piping and it will hit the stock sway bar underneath

[zeth]
24-06-2004, 10:39 PM
i think you need to do more research comparing between AUDM DC2R and AUDM DC5R

IRI
24-06-2004, 10:45 PM
RACV, Honda Australia, Cars guide I automatically assume they're talking about the AUDM dc5r.....

"you say you want to get aftermarket dc5r header?, but you have a dc2r??

if you're talking about taking a "bar" out...then i'm assuming you're talking about the DC5R and it's the front sway bar not strut bar

you will need to do this because aftermarket headers has larger piping and it will hit the stock sway bar underneath"

Yes, was talking about DC5R. So after new headers are in, can you put the sway bar back in or wont it fit at all? Is it also true about taking out the cat? (DC5R)

IRI
24-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Some links to the some of the reviews I've read;

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1592/article.html?popularArticle

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_page/0,8269,4811313%255E26236,00.html

http://www.mynrma.com.au/motoring/cars/buying_and_selling/new_car/reviews/1000km/honda_integra.shtml

Xenon
24-06-2004, 10:52 PM
U need to replace the OEM front swaybar of the DC5 with an aftermarket one because there wont be enough room for the header. So once you place the header u will need another swaybar (not OEM).

Some of the headers will include a catalytic converter eg Mugen (when released) but the majority of the ones on the market now are "Racing headers" which have not allowed room for the placement of a Cat. You can drive around without a cat or u can weld an aftermarket cat onto your catback exhaust or onto the header.

IRI
24-06-2004, 10:57 PM
thanks xenon for the straight answer.

one more chance
25-06-2004, 12:25 AM
remember also that the exhaust manifold are opposite from the B series to the K series so replacing headers on K series is alot more involved.