PDA

View Full Version : EK1 taking out front grill help

Dell99
02-04-2007, 12:08 AM
hi guys,
Well i have used the search function, for the DIY section and the Civic section.
Anyway i want to install a aftermarket grill on the 96 civic, from what i read i have to remove the screws on the top as well as the ones connecting the bumper.
But there is no such thread that tells you how to remove the bumper at all. I just want to see some pictures so that i know if i am doing it correctly insteading of going around blindly

Any Help??

shinji112
02-04-2007, 09:50 AM
to remove the front bumper you need to:
- remove the 5 xmas clips thats holding the front grille down
- remove the single xmas clip on each side of the front grille that holds the front bumper down, so there are 2 of those in total
- then u gonna get down on the ground with a 10mm spanner or wrench and take off the 2 bolts holding the front bumper secure
- and on each side of the front guards where it meets the front bar there is a screw which can be taken off with a phillips head screwdriver. sometimes if it doesnt come off then you just unscrew all you can and then get a pair of pliers to pull out the screw and finish the job
- then carefully just pull off the front bumper

but since all you want to do is take off the grille i dont think you need to take off the bumper? or do u? i havent done it in a while lol sorry!

blu3illusion84
02-04-2007, 12:48 PM
try harder searching for it next time..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13836

scroll down till u see the pic of the bumper remove

good luck :thumbsup: