PDA

View Full Version : [NSW] Things to do for B16A in CRX

DreadAngel
02-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey everyone, I've been looking around for CRXs and found some AUDM CRXs with B16A conversion. What I don't know is what do I need to make it all legit so I won't have coppers kicking my ass. I've been told:

- No need to engineer because same capacity as stock engine

Is that true? They won't look to the power increase of the engine? Is there anything I'm missing out like Blue Slip etc?

Appreciate information from those in NSW that have done it before.

Thanks

Yoey

b18c_crx
02-04-2007, 07:22 PM
i am pretty sure if the car has done an conversion u need an engineer to look at it so that u can get a mod plate. it doesn't matter if the motor is stock u still need the engineer to look at it.

correct me anyone if i am wrong

Benson
02-04-2007, 07:44 PM
just need a blue slip to change engine no. No need for engineering

Zilli
02-04-2007, 07:49 PM
cops are not going to know you changed the motor

just get a blue slip done to change engine number

DreadAngel
02-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Ah sweet icicic...

So only Blue Slip then take it up to RTA yeah? :D

Thanks fellas

XB-16-AX
02-04-2007, 08:30 PM
i am pretty sure if the car has done an conversion u need an engineer to look at it so that u can get a mod plate. it doesn't matter if the motor is stock u still need the engineer to look at it.

correct me anyone if i am wrong

mod plates are only available for QLD and does not exists for NSW.

ive done a conversion on my car ..stock was a 1.6L EFI SOHC and i changed it to a B16A DOHC 1.6L didnt need a engineers cert, but had to change the engine number on the RTA which of can be done via a blue slip.

obviously if u have any other mobs like, pod air filter, turbo, exhaust, etc - that is totally a different story in which case u will need an engineers cert.

DreadAngel
02-04-2007, 08:44 PM
How much for the Blue Slip to be done? Is it very hard to pass like I've heard from others?

bennjamin
02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
just need a blue slip to change engine no. No need for engineering

100% correct.

IF the engine is the same age or newer , AND under +15% capactiy increase NOTHING needs to be changed to the car...the brakes etc are designed to suit that engine increase.

Just take it to a authorized mech who can do a blue slip - get the blue slip for " change of records" and fill ti all out. $30 ish later , hand it to the RTA and thats it.

XB-16-AX
02-04-2007, 09:59 PM
How much for the Blue Slip to be done? Is it very hard to pass like I've heard from others?

legitimate charges of a blue slip is approx. $40-50.

for dodgy passers will cost you about $100-200.

so its worth getting the rest of your car road worthy or should i say safe on the road.

PM me if u get no luck as i may be able to help! :thumbsup:

DreadAngel
03-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for your offer man :D

Will talk to ya sometime soon :)