PDA

View Full Version : Real Honda Users.

smoetyjim
02-04-2007, 11:54 PM
What do you guys think of a stock hatchback 1994 HONDA CIVIC EG GLi?

1.5 ltr seems awfully weak, anyone want to rebut me on that?

Done only 97 k km.

The interior looks a little old school(can that be fixed? such as doing it up etc), with the a/c having to be pushed side to side etc.

Any additional info on this car and what are the pros and cons of it?

Before you say do your research, Ive done a hell of alot of that, im asking for real opinions from you guys, as it seems like you are all experienced with honda cars. I'm really not into the marketing shit various websites post.

tRipitaka
02-04-2007, 11:55 PM
EG GLI = 1.5 ?
isn't it 1.6 ?

[[d a n n y]]
03-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Gli's 1.5 trip

tRipitaka
03-04-2007, 12:11 AM
];1122309']Gli's 1.5 trip

ah cool cool.. probably mixed up with the EK gli..
no worries.. learn something new everyday :)

[[d a n n y]]
03-04-2007, 12:14 AM
lol shit that was quick btw when u coming up to sydney. pm me

Dream0b16
03-04-2007, 12:18 AM
the interior can always be done up... and i dont mind the car, sure its only 1.5 but its one of the easier models to do a conversion, like say to a b16 or of the likes
well actually, on second thought...these are the carby model or not? if it is then maybe not so easy lol with the whole fuel tank ect, but still... pleanty of parts and mods out there and they come up pretty clean

newmski
03-04-2007, 12:35 AM
gl i<- injected

smoetyjim
03-04-2007, 12:30 PM
its fuel injected yeh.. no more opinions??

Paul1985
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
yes gli is fuel injected.
yes the car is slow, but swaps are an option.
depends what u want out of a car really.

I have no idea what u mean by a/c needing to be pushed side by side????

Pro's: reliable, small, economical, great looking car
Cons: slow

Im biased. i love eg's haha

jords
03-04-2007, 01:04 PM
B16a transplant.

VT3C
03-04-2007, 02:01 PM
The interior looks a little old school\

LMFAO well the EG civic is 15 years old in terms of it's design.. I think you're being a bit unreasonable as I personally think the EG has aged exceptionally well !!

GLi is great for swap - PGMFi all ready to go - just need to add in some additional wires for VTEC etc.

smoetyjim
03-04-2007, 04:52 PM
when u guys mean swap, u mean engine conversion?

Glitta
03-04-2007, 05:06 PM
You don't seem to like it much... why don't you consider something more to your tastes then?

By the time you spend all this money making it into something that you actually want why don't you have a look around at some other models that may already have what your basically looking for in a car..

Theres like a drought on buyers for cars atm, so you may be able to pick up a newer model for roughly the same amount if not slightly higher...

You have to remember after all that car is like 15 years old you cannot possibly expect it to have "modern" interior...

Jarkz
03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I have a late 93 GLi that was factory fitted with a 1.6l DOHC D16A9. Yet most of the GLi's form 92 - till sept 93 have the 1.5l SOHC D15B, anyway thats what I found when looking to purchase an EG Civic.

Buy one dude they handle great, reliable, still modern looking for its age and you have alot of perfomance and engine conversion options.

smoetyjim
03-04-2007, 11:05 PM
You don't seem to like it much... why don't you consider something more to your tastes then?

By the time you spend all this money making it into something that you actually want why don't you have a look around at some other models that may already have what your basically looking for in a car..

Theres like a drought on buyers for cars atm, so you may be able to pick up a newer model for roughly the same amount if not slightly higher...

You have to remember after all that car is like 15 years old you cannot possibly expect it to have "modern" interior...

Actually, ive been looking for civics for a while now, roughly 6-8 months.. a month i ago, i found a done up one but most of the ppl on here picked it apart. lol, so i gave up on that. but now ive found this one im pretty damn keen. for 97 k kms, for 7 k it seems reasonable, but im sure i could knock it down a k...

in regards to the drought, there dont seem to be that many civic sellers in qld, let alone the gold coast.. i was thinking of a skyline, but a few ppl threw some good advice my way saying most of the used skylines would have definately been thrashed around with...

so a civic with half decent kms on it, and in the mid to late 90's are hard to find for under 7k. :S

[[d a n n y]]
04-04-2007, 08:09 AM
I have a late 93 GLi that was factory fitted with a 1.6l DOHC D16A9. Yet most of the GLi's form 92 - till sept 93 have the 1.5l SOHC D15B, anyway thats what I found when looking to purchase an EG Civic.

Buy one dude they handle great, reliable, still modern looking for its age and you have alot of perfomance and engine conversion options.

dont think they came with DOHC's they were all SOHC's

bennjamin
04-04-2007, 08:28 AM
];1123548']dont think they came with DOHC's they were all SOHC's

yup the only DOHC engine in a EG ( locally) was the EG Si , or the EH9 (91 Si)

SiReal
04-04-2007, 09:22 AM
EG GLI = 1.5 ?
isn't it 1.6 ?

tsk tsk tsk..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57110

:wave: :wave:

HanifB16A2
06-04-2007, 05:42 PM
You've picked an awesome base to start with.

Theres literally thousands of aftermarket parts for the eg (and dont forget lots of DC2R parts will fit), and it can go damn hard too. I've got an ek, and theres times i wish id gone with an eg instead. For a car hitting 15 years old it looks pretty awesome too IMO.

DC2R dash conversion ftw if ur worried about interior.

mugen24
09-04-2007, 01:59 AM
how much?

yourfather
09-04-2007, 02:30 AM
jimmy toes. you trying to copy someone on here

Drew
09-04-2007, 07:23 AM
];1122309']Gli's 1.5 trip

My EK is 1.6? Different to EG then?

GLi's aren't that slow; my one is peppy enough to get me around fairly cheap to run too, not as cheap as the VN on gas but the VN is so horrible I want to kill myself just thinking about it

90LAN
09-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Actually, ive been looking for civics for a while now, roughly 6-8 months.. a month i ago, i found a done up one but most of the ppl on here picked it apart. lol, so i gave up on that. but now ive found this one im pretty damn keen. for 97 k kms, for 7 k it seems reasonable, but im sure i could knock it down a k...

in regards to the drought, there dont seem to be that many civic sellers in qld, let alone the gold coast.. i was thinking of a skyline, but a few ppl threw some good advice my way saying most of the used skylines would have definately been thrashed around with...

so a civic with half decent kms on it, and in the mid to late 90's are hard to find for under 7k. :S

mate if you check this site out www.carsguide.com there are 2 si eg civics for sale around the 4 k mark qld!
si would be a better option than a gli
rear disc brakes and better motor in the d16

[[d a n n y]]
09-04-2007, 12:08 PM
My EK is 1.6? Different to EG then?

GLi's aren't that slow; my one is peppy enough to get me around fairly cheap to run too, not as cheap as the VN on gas but the VN is so horrible I want to kill myself just thinking about it

EG/EK different with GLi's mate