PDA

View Full Version : Euro Power Windows

ECU-MAN
25-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Hi All

I had my Euro for nearly a month now and am always finding out new things with it. I couldnt be bothered reading the book. but anyway this morning I came across a feature which I think is cool and it buzzed me out when I did it. the dealer never showed me this and its probably in the book but, with the car in the locked state from the remote you can press the unlock button once then imediately press and hold the unlock button and the all four windows go down as long as you hold down the button.
I found this out by acident and took me ages to figure out how I did it.

Did anyone else know this, where you told by your dealer about this, is it an advertised feature ?

Euro's rock, the best thing Honda have done to the Accord in a long time.....

ECU-MAN

PERTH_EURO
25-06-2004, 10:33 AM
My dealer told me this.

Also if you lock and hold the key in the lock position, using the keyhole on the outside, all the windows will close.

You know about the headlight washers too??

timbo

coladuna
25-06-2004, 02:46 PM
My dealer told me this.

Also if you lock and hold the key in the lock position, using the keyhole on the outside, all the windows will close.

timbo

That feature has been around in European cars for a very long time.
My parent's 7 year old BMW 3 series even has this although I hardly find them useful. :shock:

Slugoid
25-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah, it's quite a nice feature. Too bad that once all the windows are open, and you get into the car, there's no way of closing all the windows at the same time from the inside.

As for the headlight washers, it's only available on the luxury version for the HID's.

PERTH_EURO
25-06-2004, 03:21 PM
i cant understand why they did go the whole hog and make it so when you hold down the lock button on key windows go up. That would be more useful than they way its currently setup

Jus-10
25-06-2004, 03:39 PM
My understanding of the feature is so that you can put the windows down to let the hot air out of the car before you get in it..you know how it can be like an oven in Summer.

That is probably why they have it for unlock only.

BMW works both ways (lock and unlock)

ECU-MAN
25-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Thankx guys,
I got the povo modle no HID's :( but I dint want the leather anyway. I can see where it will come in handy in summer.

I freaked out when i saw the windows go down thinking WTF...
I saw today how youo can open and close the windows with the key in the barrel..

Very Cool car's

bigdongers
27-06-2004, 01:09 AM
i cant understand why they did go the whole hog and make it so when you hold down the lock button on key windows go up. That would be more useful than they way its currently setup

The dealer told me it is because of saftely that Honda didnt do the remote up. Its so you cant close the windows from far away and accidently jam someones fingers. If you use the key, you are right next to the car and can see any dangers that may be around.

Its a weak excuse I know but hey its a cool feature still :) I wish my CRV had it :x

h22a accord
27-06-2004, 02:10 PM
err, holden astra's windows go up if you hold the key turned in the door lock for 2 seconds.

i want a remote start. now that would be cool. they are the norm in places suck as canada but me thinks they are illegal here.

wynode
27-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Remote start is illegal here i'm pretty sure on manual cars.

I would have read the manual by now :D

Jus-10
28-06-2004, 10:17 AM

The dealer told me it is because of saftely that Honda didnt do the remote up. Its so you cant close the windows from far away and accidently jam someones fingers. If you use the key, you are right next to the car and can see any dangers that may be around.

Its a weak excuse I know but hey its a cool feature still :) I wish my CRV had it :x

I don't believe this is correct as the windows will have a safety stop feature.

Next time you're in your car, put your finger in as you're closing the window (it won't hurt) when the glass senses a bit of pressure before it is as far up as it is supposed to be, it will go back down a few inches...even my Jazz does that.

This makes the dealer's excuse BS, but since when do dealers actually know what they are talking about?

dareyah
30-06-2004, 09:51 AM
My dealer didn't even know about that feature. Her superior had to point it out when I went to one of those "Honda Care" thing. This was after having my friend show me this feature. His mates european car did it so he wondered if it would work on mine. Took my keys and tried it. I grinned from ear to ear with awe.

ECU-MAN
01-07-2004, 08:07 PM

I don't believe this is correct as the windows will have a safety stop feature.

Next time you're in your car, put your finger in as you're closing the window (it won't hurt) when the glass senses a bit of pressure before it is as far up as it is supposed to be, it will go back down a few inches...even my Jazz does that.

This makes the dealer's excuse BS, but since when do dealers actually know what they are talking about?

note to self, only the drivers window goes down when you put your hand in there. OUCH !!!! :?

bigdongers
01-07-2004, 11:15 PM
note to self, only the drivers window goes down when you put your hand in there. OUCH !!!! :?

really?! I would have though it would be the case for all windows. man that sucks! I hope it didnt hurt too much

Jus-10
02-07-2004, 08:42 AM
You serious???

I guess I have only ever tried it on the driver's window (as I only ever sit there)

Man that is dodgy..what the f*ck is the point of that....what about if you have kids in the back who don't know any better.

I'm so sorry about your hand.

J

P.S. I'm going to have to go and re-test my Jazz windows now..I can't remember if they all do it or not.

bigdongers
02-07-2004, 10:37 AM
I just thought of why this is. The drivers window is the only one with the auto up function.

ECU-MAN
02-07-2004, 12:31 PM
I just thought of why this is. The drivers window is the only one with the auto up function.

yeah that is right, and no it dint hurt to much, I wasnt expecting it to when it was crunch time, it was like awwwwawww but no pain once the window went down :)
my mate was pissing him self laughing ;)