PDA

View Full Version : Another scratched Euro!

CIGXM
03-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi guys. I saw the other thread regarding the scratched Euro and get similarly annoyed when stuff like that happens. My dad got his Falcon XR6T dinged at work and none of his work mates fessed up...scumbags.

Well, unfortunately my 6-month old got a scratch from some kid opening a car door. Wife is starting her teaching internship and parked in the worst school carpark you could dream of, and of course Max (the Euro) got scratched.

I read up on possible treatments re: dent fixing or touch up. Made some calls. Problem is the dent guys can't fix paint, and the touchup guys can't fix dents! And it seems like such a small thing to bother respraying an entire door.

All of this was done over the phone and because of Easter, noone can look it at till next week. So wanted to get your POV. And I attach a photo!

It's on the left rear door. As you can see it's right on the point where the panel has that crease below the window which goes right along the car. There's a really small dent there, you might be able to see it. It's obvious in bright sun.

So what's the best way to go? I'm in the ACT, so if anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

TypeG
03-04-2007, 06:56 PM
well, get the dent guy to fix the dent, and the touchup guys to fix the paint
easy

aaronng
03-04-2007, 06:56 PM
The reality is that this won't be the only ding that you will get. Wait til you get more, and then get paintless dent removal to remove all of them in 1 go. No point paying to repair 1 ding today and getting another one tomorrow.

I have a 2 dings on my car so far.

BiLL|z0r
03-04-2007, 08:11 PM
That's what I did too. Saved up 4 dings and got them all fixed at once. Got a discount and you'd never know they were ever there.

CIGXM
03-04-2007, 08:11 PM
well, get the dent guy to fix the dent, and the touchup guys to fix the paint
easy

Unfortunately, the dent guy reckons that because the paint has been pierced he can't fix it. Something about the paint possibly getting further damaged as a result?!?

aaronng
03-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Unfortunately, the dent guy reckons that because the paint has been pierced he can't fix it. Something about the paint possibly getting further damaged as a result?!?

The dent guy can't fix the paint. Let him fix the dent and then let the touchup guys touch up the paint or respray.

euro77
03-04-2007, 09:19 PM
if the panel is exposed, and you don't want to get the ding fixed first, just touch it up yourself first (just to cover the panel). Later down the track when you've got enough ding to justify repairing it, get the ding fixed, then the paint touched up properly.

The only problem is..... usually you won't get the ding on the same panel, when the next one happened, it will always 99.99% be in a different panel :(

tony1234
04-04-2007, 07:20 AM
if the panel is exposed, and you don't want to get the ding fixed first, just touch it up yourself first (just to cover the panel). Later down the track when you've got enough ding to justify repairing it, get the ding fixed, then the paint touched up properly.

The only problem is..... usually you won't get the ding on the same panel, when the next one happened, it will always 99.99% be in a different panel :(
Agreed.Get the dent guy to fix the dent then just use touchup paint till you work out what to do.

IAMVTEC
04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Meh its no big deal. Noone can even tell.

Pumped
04-04-2007, 08:49 AM
thats not to bad :)

:( nothing on my damage as a result of eggs

CIGXM
04-04-2007, 12:39 PM
I know that it is not *that* bad. But it is my first nice car. I owned a TN Magna crapbox for 6 years and never once got a single ding in it.

Admittedly, I also didn't have a wife for most of that time.

Why is it you can either have a wife or a nice car, but not both? :confused: ;)

All of my discussions with dent and paint people were over the phone, so I'll go visit one after Easter. The Touch-Up Guys reckon it will only cost $80-odd to touch up. I wouldn't attempt to paint it myself. I consume too much coffee to paint a straight line :D

Pumped
04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
lol :)

it definately does suck that the damage is a result of someone else!
$80 to touch up sounds alright, hopefully that'll fix it up!
i had a few scratches on my last car touched up and they came up great!

sendok
04-04-2007, 12:46 PM
i always hate parking really close to next car, i better find another spot.. coz yeah in here.. granny, or whateva can open the door thinking that the door is invisible...

CIGXM
04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
i always hate parking really close to next car, i better find another spot.. coz yeah in here.. granny, or whateva can open the door thinking that the door is invisible...

I know exactly what you mean. Trying to teach my wife that a parking spot at the front door of Woolworths next to the shopping trolley bays is NOT a good parking spot.

mastcell
06-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I agree with CIGXM about choosing parking spot:
The best car park are usually some distance from the front door of a shopping centres. It can only be good for you health because you have to walk more! ;)

HondaONE website has a few more good tips on how to avoid dings.

eccentric
09-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Got my back left door doorbanged last night leaving a big annoying dent on the crease line up near the top half of the door.. does anyone know of any places/people/numbers I can contact for some paintless dent removal? I've searched around (which is how i found this thread) but all the links and info are pointing to ding king and other diy products.. if someone can PM me or email a name/number/place to get it done it'll be greatly appreciated :)

thanks in advance!

Chris73
14-04-2007, 07:35 AM
PM'ed you Eccentric.

eccentric
15-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks Chris!