PDA

View Full Version : Market place Rules - Believe they need a change - what do you think?

Sexc86
03-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Gday guys

Basically just addressing this to the moderators and site managers of ozhonda. Firstly i would like to say that i think you do a really good job in takeing care of this site, manage its resources well and inforce the rules without acceptions. However i would just like to have my opinion in regards to the Vehical Classafieds only (not the entire market place)

As i am aware if one user has a number of items for sale, the user has to include all their items in one thred per forem.

For example - FMIC & BOV, would have to be sold together in one thred as something like

(BNE) FMIC & BOV.

This is assume was introduced so there wasnt an overkill amount of for sale threds that included minor items. (correct if wrong) Also i believe it was also introduced as other users may have been abuseing the marketplace power in the past. I do believe this forem works very well however i do believe it is a different case in the vehical classafieds.

Firstly not nearly as much material will go through vehical classafieds as normal parts, and on most occasions any user at a single given time will only have 1 or maybe 2 cars to sell. However if a number of cars would have to be included in a single thred then it would greatly reduce the sellers chance of moveing them.

Example, not as much coverage would be given on the title to each car. Also there would be much confusion in the thred.
Eg
* potentional buyer asks how much k's are on car A and seller says how many are on car B.
* potentional buyer may see questions or comments posted about car A and assume they are about car B

Basically i guess my main aim by this thred is to ask the site managers and moderators to allow users to have multiple threds open in the vehical classafieds forem, or maybe a set amount ? say 5 for example.

I do realise the idea may need to be refined but it couldnt hurt to mention it.

These are a few quick points that i thought about. This was just possibly some info (in my opinion) you could use to make the site easier for everyone, Sellers, Buyers and Moderators. I got recommened from a fello helpfull mod to list a thred on the topic so i thought it couldnt do any harm.

Thanks in advance to everyone who reads and replys with some info

Regards Lyle

yfin
03-04-2007, 09:07 PM
So let me just clarify - you want the ability to have up to 5 cars for sale in the car sale section without putting them in the same thread?

How many cars do you have for sale? It is quite rare to see someone on Ozhonda wanting to sell more than 1 car at a time.

Remember that all vehicles for sale need to be owned by the member.

Sexc86
03-04-2007, 09:32 PM
yeh i do realise that, i mean its really going to be very very rare that someone will have like 5 cars for sale, but say 2 cars i dont believe there would be any problem with being able to have them in their own thred? do you?

yfin
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
yeh i do realise that, i mean its really going to be very very rare that someone will have like 5 cars for sale, but say 2 cars i dont believe there would be any problem with being able to have them in their own thred? do you?

fair enough. we will discuss amongst moderators and report back.

bennjamin
04-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Lyle , this IS the rare occasion that one car wasnt yours and you have now "made it" yours - while the other is your car initially.

I personally think only ONE open thread with ONE vehicle for sale is applicable to this particular forum.
Like the general FOR SALE thread , it prevents confusion and keeps the forum clean. You have two cars to sell - wait in line until the first one is sold. You have MORE than 2 cars to sell ? GTFO of ozhonda as you are a car dealer lol.

Sexc86
04-04-2007, 09:43 AM
GTFO? does that mean Get the *** out? and just because i own a few cars and i might have to sell a few at 1 point in time doesnt mean im a car dealer... anyway not trying to cause a shit fight just thought it could improve things for everyone in future...

thanks for hearing me out

Regards lyle

ACTI0NMAN-1
04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
mods should have the ability to be able to view posts that have been edited. for example, they can go back and read the original contence of the post. So that sellers cant quote a higher price then change it before the buyer can see.
currently mods are unable to do so.

Q_ball
04-04-2007, 10:36 AM
mods should have the ability to be able to view posts that have been edited. for example, they can go back and read the original contence of the post. So that sellers cant quote a higher price then change it before the buyer can see.

Then that defeats the ability for the seller to be able to sell their item/car for whatever price they see fit (within reason).

wynode
04-04-2007, 10:46 PM

I don't really see why. That said it is feature of the vB software that stops us from seeing anything. but like I said.....I don't think it is really an issue.

ACTI0NMAN-1
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Then that defeats the ability for the seller to be able to sell their item/car for whatever price they see fit (within reason).

i meant editing the post with the intent to decieve the buyer.
for example

seller lists an item for $100
buyer meets with seller and seller claims items are $120.
seller edits post and increases price to $120.
buyer assumes it was his mistake and pays $120 for the item.

bennjamin
04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
its really up to the BUYER to pay whatever THEY see fit. If you get (pricewise) ripped off its your own fault and no one elses.
Anyone can post up an item for ANY price they wish. IF its edited that has no effect on the final price displayed on the item FS.

Sexc86
04-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Well put mate!

ACTI0NMAN-1
05-04-2007, 10:18 PM
just a suggestion, i have no prolem with the current setup. just an idea tho.

Bayani
06-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Sexc86, why not, if the selling is selling multiple cars -as has been done before on OH, simply clarify, when positing about said vehicle.

Assumptions on buyers' behalf are their own fault. If they read the thread, and quotes, they should not have any problems following the thread through with proper understanding.

If the seller is posting about a particular vehicle in response toa question, they are quite able to edit their initial selling post to reflect their response post, and thus reduce confusion.

bungsai
11-04-2007, 04:53 PM
fyi, i posted two difference car FS threads running simeltaneously and the mods had no problems with it.

Q_ball
11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
fyi, i posted two difference car FS threads running simeltaneously and the mods had no problems with it.

Might not have been picked up by the mods thats all,
Currently, you're not allowed more than 1 fs thread in any forum at any one time.

Mr_will
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
i think we should only be allowed to have one car for sale at any one time.

at the end of the day the focus of this forum is on helping other people with honda related issues (and yes i acknowledge that the 'lounge' may have more posts, but its not the primary function of the site), so selling cars should not be able to overtake this, and any user than can afford to own multiple cars, can afford some ads in the trading post

ACTI0NMAN-1
29-04-2007, 12:42 PM
How about a thread dedicated to chasing scammers. Similar to other forums to notify other members to keep a lookout for those who have been paid, failed to send merchandise, and done a runner?

dc2dc2dc2
29-04-2007, 12:47 PM
thats what trade rating is for ?

ACTI0NMAN-1
29-04-2007, 12:49 PM
but the trade rating only makes you aware of not to buy from them, not to look out for them. I'm refering to helping those who have already been ripped off.

dc2dc2dc2
29-04-2007, 12:51 PM
well if they had been ripped off ? im sure they would leave crappy feedback ? which you could read in the users profile ?

ACTI0NMAN-1
29-04-2007, 12:57 PM
you wouldnt see that feed back unless you clicked on their profile. but what are the chancees you would come accross their profile if they have done a runner.
i dont know about you but i only come accross user names and profiles in threads. i dont go looking for usernames.

the threads about finding scammers, not avoiding bering stung by scammers.
also for transaction disputes.

chunky
29-04-2007, 12:58 PM
i agree
whute wrong with having 2 separate threads for 2 separate cars
1 thread would just cause uber confusion

chunky
29-04-2007, 01:01 PM
thats what trade rating is for ?

so for eg. if i were to sell something (my trade rating is zero [surprised!])
then the person buying wouldnt trust me as much as he/she would trust a person with a trade rating of say for example 100000
jus to varify:thumbsup:

wynode
29-04-2007, 08:59 PM
i dont know about you but i only come accross user names and profiles in threads. i dont go looking for usernames.

Can't say I quite understood what you said there?

My main issue with a 'don't get scammed by xxx' list is that people will start arguing/defending their actions in that thread.

We tried it a very LONG LONG time agao (a vouch for thread) and that didn't work out (fights broke out) so I don't see the opposite style thread working out here?

Bayani
29-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Just causes problems. Think the Trader Rep thingy is perfect.