PDA

View Full Version : air filter installation

Shimian
04-04-2007, 07:35 PM
looking to change my air filter this weekend (Civic sport fd2) but the bay it sits in is kinda half under the windscreen. Has anyone changed their filter for this model and did u require to unbolt anything to allow the lid to be removed? Cos looking at it, it doesnt seem to be able to twist around so i can remove the lid.

cheers

gerard
05-04-2007, 10:37 AM
I put in a K&N drop in. quite easy. just undo the clips, lift and ease the top cover sideways just enough to remove and replace with the K&N. re-install thecover and clip. Done

Shimian
05-04-2007, 01:56 PM
thanks. like i said, it didnt seem like it would bend at the piping. looks too snugged. Ill give that a go

Shimian
06-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Just installed the kn filter. You cannot just undo the clips, lift the lid and drop the filter in. You have to unscrew the bolt holding the lid and take the whole lid off. Anyways, after doing so, this is what i found. Drove it around in various speeds from 40 to 80km/hr. The car feels more responsive. i stepped on it at take off (not hard flooring) and it seems to go up to speed a little bit quicker. It has a different sound to it now. A slightly higher pitch, kinda like air being sucked into a small gap. Thats all i can say about it for now. Ill drive it around for a bit more to see if theres any more diff or change.