PDA

View Full Version : funny air cond

tron07
04-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Just now, around 10 driving back home, set the air cond climate control to auto, recirculate the air, temp at 24 as usual as I drive all the time, day or night....

Was wearing slippers and shorts and I notice that the air blowing at my feet is warm, while the air at the dash vents are all cold.... Usually dont notice cause wear pants/jeans and shoes.

Funny.....

dc2dc2dc2
04-04-2007, 10:38 PM
ROFLCOPTER ?!!

isn't that just heat from engine bay coming in ?

kleung
05-04-2007, 10:59 PM
There is actually a reason for that happening. From memory it is to assist with demisting the front windscreen and/or dehumidifying the air in the cabin, but I'm not absolutely certain about that.

Besides, heat rises, so it can be more comfortable for that to happen, rather than being blasted in the face with superheated air and still having your tootsies frozen.

sendok
06-04-2007, 01:28 AM
as my experience, it's circulated the air inside the cabin and demisting front windscreen... like kleung said.. but as long as it goes.. it always be cool up and down for me :D

kleung
06-04-2007, 03:56 PM
To the OP: Hang on, do you mean the 'dash' vents as in the ones under the windscreen, or the face-level vents?

tron07
08-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Dash vents are those on top of the audio, the glove compartment and coin tray... not the windscreen demisters vents.