PDA

View Full Version : dc5r problems

rawr
05-04-2007, 12:40 AM
hey everyone... the car gets this weird sound when it first starts going on my driveway eg.. when the first 2 wheels hit the driveway from the street. It's like a 'boing' and the brakes kind of jiggle. Was wondering what could cause this as it occurs everytime it goes up on my driveway or if it happens to any one else.

extra info: the wierd thing is when i went off my driveway and tried it again as i was checking if the car cleared the thing didn't happen.. maybe cause i wasn't braking? i dont know.. suggestions

mugsee
05-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Sounds like the ABS module is engaging by the sound alone.

The DC5R ABS system is known to be a touch sensitive so it sounds like its perfectly normal, especially given that you've tried it without hitting the brakes.

Is there a bump when you head in/out of your driveway? Can you try very slowly entering/exiting your driveway whilst still braking to see if it makes the same noise?

rawr
05-04-2007, 03:30 PM
so its the abs system? ill try going up the bump slowly.. my drveway is kinda of steep but theres no real huge bump in between the road and the driveway... ill give going up slowly a try see if the sound again..

thanks for the help

JDM.Power
05-04-2007, 03:45 PM
bring the dc5r 2night to my house, get my bbq msg?
we could check it then

rawr
05-04-2007, 04:01 PM
yeah got your message.. but i got like 2 other things to go to so i dont think i can make it and paolos got work... wat time does your bbq thing finish? i might come by maybe 10 or 11.. if paolos off work

Amusevtec
07-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Whens the bbq? oO I dont know if i have work nxt week woot!

siksivic
10-04-2007, 09:44 PM
yeh bro , my dc5r and my mates both do that at times on his driveway. we found if we went a little slower into the driveway it didnt do it