PDA

View Full Version : 94 crx engine conversion

onabuzz
05-04-2007, 01:24 AM
hey all, i got a couple q's about an engine conversion for my 94 crx.

it has a b16a2 in there currently, my question is will a b16b/b18c7 drop straight in there? ie wiring/mounts. if not is there ways around having to change the whole loom? if any one has done let, let me know plz

cheers

barefootbonzai
05-04-2007, 07:54 AM
If you know what you're doing it's straight swap.

OB
05-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Slap this baby in, retain your g/box etc and sell your B16a long block..:thumbsup:
Definately notice the difference from a 1.6L!!

Simple conversion/upgrade...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63646

Then spend the $ you sold the b16a getting this sucker tuned.

barefootbonzai
05-04-2007, 09:03 AM
definitely a smart move you want some good NA power :cool:

Slap this baby in, retain your g/box etc and sell your B16a long block..:thumbsup:
Definately notice the difference from a 1.6L!!

Simple conversion/upgrade...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63646

Then spend the $ you sold the b16a getting this sucker tuned.

CTR Coupe
05-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Theres no replacement for displacement. :p

destrukshn
05-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Theres no replacement for displacement. :p
it's called boost.
lol.

Spunkymonkey
05-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Yes it will drop straight in....a few of these set ups have been built by family members.

onabuzz
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
cool heh thanks guys, so the loom doesn have to change for itr/ctr engines???? n/a POWER! lol.. what kinda ball park should i expect for my b16a with 130k on teh clock?

cheers dudes

tRipitaka
06-04-2007, 11:09 AM
depends what year your delsol is..

1994.. i believe it's OBD1 ?
whereas ITR/CTR is OBD2, so you'll have to get a conversion harness

[[d a n n y]]
06-04-2007, 02:43 PM
just get the B20b forsale in the forums and slap it on with your B16a Gbox

fatboyz39
07-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Its a straight bolt- in.

DynoDave
07-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Its a straight bolt- in.
I am sure you would love to help him out with a B20Vtec conversion hey dude.
Regards Dyno Dave

barefootbonzai
10-04-2007, 10:09 AM
depends what year your delsol is..

1994.. i believe it's OBD1 ?
whereas ITR/CTR is OBD2, so you'll have to get a conversion harness

you may sound like you know what you're on about, but obviously you don't do engine conversions. Statements like that just confuses people. It doesn't not matter if you're just swapping a b-series for another b-series if you know what you're doing. "Conversion harness" is only used for changing ECU's not Engines.

tRipitaka
10-04-2007, 10:27 AM
you may sound like you know what you're on about, but obviously you don't do engine conversions. Statements like that just confuses people. It doesn't not matter if you're just swapping a b-series for another b-series if you know what you're doing. "Conversion harness" is only used for changing ECU's not Engines.

my assumption was that he asked whether it was a straight drop without any messing around with wiring..

i.e. take the b16 out, drop the b18 in, connect the ecu up and that's it.

i'm sure you know that you can't connect a OBD2 ECU to an OBD1 equipped car without any conversion harnesses ?

but i know you've had more experience messing around with this sort of stuff.. so if i'm wrong, i'll stand corrected..

barefootbonzai
10-04-2007, 11:44 AM
yeah you're a bit confused. YES it is straight drop in without touching the wiring, there are things you need to change but it's not the wiring.

And you just said it yourself, you only use a "conversion harness" to swap ECU's not engines.

All good man, i know you're just helping out but you'll confused people with the wrong info.

czy_sol87
11-04-2007, 09:22 PM
yeah you're a bit confused. YES it is straight drop in without touching the wiring, there are things you need to change but it's not the wiring.

And you just said it yourself, you only use a "conversion harness" to swap ECU's not engines.

All good man, i know you're just helping out but you'll confused people with the wrong info.

so...what sort of things would u be lookin at changing if u dont have to get a conversion harness for the OBD2 ecu??
dont some ppl change from OBD2 to OBD1, my understanding for this is because the OBD1 is more compatable with aftermarket ecu's am i right?
humm...

mr_vtec
11-04-2007, 10:34 PM
do a k24 mate your spending money already so go out mate its worth it..

Perry
11-04-2007, 11:33 PM
so...what sort of things would u be lookin at changing if u dont have to get a conversion harness for the OBD2 ecu??
dont some ppl change from OBD2 to OBD1, my understanding for this is because the OBD1 is more compatable with aftermarket ecu's am i right?
humm...

In bold letters OBD1 ecu's are cheaper compared to OBD2 ones (new ECU's)

onabuzz
07-05-2007, 07:43 PM
ok so please if i was to pull my exisitng b16a out of my sol, and drop the b16b in, what exactly do i need to change in order to get it all running, some one please clearly state this.my confusion is

1) will the eingine fit straight in without changing mounts
2) can i simply get a conversion harness to run the b16b ( note i will be getting a apexi power fc at the same time)

any one tell me roughly how long my car will be off the road for?

thanks guys

onabuzz
07-05-2007, 09:11 PM
oh and also what would be the reverse procedure. ie putting a b16a back into an ek already with a b16b loom??

basicaly what is going on, is i planning to obtain an ek already equipted with a b16b+power fc, i want to transplant that into my delsol, and put my b16a n stock comp into the ek ----------

HELP! haha plz

[[d a n n y]]
08-05-2007, 03:10 PM
ok so please if i was to pull my exisitng b16a out of my sol, and drop the b16b in, what exactly do i need to change in order to get it all running, some one please clearly state this.my confusion is

1) will the eingine fit straight in without changing mounts
2) can i simply get a conversion harness to run the b16b ( note i will be getting a apexi power fc at the same time)

any one tell me roughly how long my car will be off the road for?

thanks guys

why B16B?
not much increase compared to the money your spending..

onabuzz
11-05-2007, 12:40 AM
some one please! just erally need to know if all i need to change to get tehm to work on apposing looms, is to change teh harness at the ecu.. is there any thing from the engine bay part of the loom that needs changing?

cheers