PDA

View Full Version : Wack TINT!!!

googed
05-04-2007, 04:40 AM
Hey guys! I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but 'just need some advise 4 my window tint....

Does any1 know the easy way to get the tint off my windows?
what to use? or should i just get it done pro..
where in melb and how much??

jeffske
05-04-2007, 08:20 AM
unsure of price in Melb but in Sydney they charge about $100 per window, cheapest option (if you're willing to put in some elbow grease) is to buy a heat gun and melt the glue so the tint peels off easily
i think u need turps or something to clean after the tints are off

[ricer]
05-04-2007, 08:25 AM
narh man im pretty sure its around 80-100 for the whole car...
id get a pro to do it anyway
i did it once and it took me ages to clean all the glue off

nugget1
05-04-2007, 08:33 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63969&highlight=tint
Try this link, do a search for tint and you'll find heaps of info.

destrukshn
05-04-2007, 08:34 AM
you can get windows tinted for like $200, and that's including taking off your tint.

newmski
05-04-2007, 09:20 AM
its not a fun/particularly easy job if you havent done before.
If your wanting to put a tint on after you take your old shit off id just get it done professionally. go to tintacar or similar outlet and get some quotes..

aznpsuazn
05-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Theres bound to be some1 doing backyard jobs in melb. NOt to say that they are dodgy, or the could be. but ask around . i got mine done privately and the job was superb. paid $250 to have it removed also.

googed
05-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeh i know they'll take it for you if you want a new tint.
But the thing is, I don't want a tint in my car anymore!
But i guess there's no harm in asking for a price, its probably easyr save me the time and the hassle....

And after reading that thread NUGGET1, sounds like 2much trouble...
I just thought it would be easy!!! I couldn't be FCUK doing that..

But thanx guys for you're help very much appreciated....

Spunkymonkey
06-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Easier to get it professionally done, or by a mobile tint person.....Glue is the biggest hassle to get off! even if you've managed to pull the whole piece of tint off....

whatever I've used in the past....turps...orange spray.....etc....it usually moves the glue from one part of the window to the other lol....

not worth the waste in time lol...

rossirider
07-04-2007, 01:53 AM
cloudy amonia will get it off, spray it on the tint and cover the window with a black garbage bag, sit it in the sun for a few hours and that will make it 10 times easier to get the crap off.

EG30
07-04-2007, 09:00 AM
The tinter I use does tint removal for car yards ( so they can charge $500-1K for tinting for a prestige used car )for $30-35 per car. He uses a steamer with a mop looking head.

I've seen some pros in the past who used an old kettle with a hose attached to the pouring lip ( where the whistler used to sit ), but this setup is very dangerous to use.

Or you could spray soapy water on the tint, cover it with glad wrap and apply heat with heatgun onto the glass and thus creating steam to breakdown the adhesive.

Mikey Coupe
08-04-2007, 11:21 AM
pity u ain't in sydney.
i only paid $170 plus $20 to take off the old tint.
of course your gonna have to pay alot more if you go to solartint etc.
just gotta find the right ppl.