PDA

View Full Version : Microtech Laptop software??

xV73Cx
05-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone in here got the latest version of the Mircotech laptop software ver1.2? (not the beta 1.1)

As the microtech website all has the BETA 1.1 version and apparently its crap..

So if any one has a later version, please PM me or let me know.

**i have searched and checked out both mircotech websites and they dont have the latest version as they are a distributor website.

Please help me!!

DynoDave
06-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone in here got the latest version of the Mircotech laptop software ver1.2? (not the beta 1.1)

As the microtech website all has the BETA 1.1 version and apparently its crap..

So if any one has a later version, please PM me or let me know.

**i have searched and checked out both mircotech websites and they dont have the latest version as they are a distributor website.

Please help me!!
Only crap when you have no idea how to use it.
Regards Dyno Dave

XB-16-AX
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Only crap when you have no idea how to use it.
Regards Dyno Dave
of course,

the only reason for the requirement of the 1.2 is the serial to usb port capabilities. as the BETA 1.1 cannot do this.

Confirmed by Microtech head office. :)

DynoDave
06-04-2007, 07:19 PM
of course,

the only reason for the requirement of the 1.2 is the serial to usb port capabilities. as the BETA 1.1 cannot do this.

So does this mean that the USB/Serial convertor I have been using on my USB only notoebook for the last 12 months does not let me use the BEAT 1.1 version software I have had for the last 4 years and never once had an issue?
Regards Dyno Dave

TODA AU
07-04-2007, 10:19 AM
of course,
Really??? Are you sure about that?
Ditto Dave's comments...
We also use the 1.1 beta software & only have USB & have never had any issue.

Are you guys trying to use the software without a dongle?

XB-16-AX
07-04-2007, 05:45 PM
its funni to hear different comments from tuners and the actual tech people at microtech themselves..

microtech are referring to a RS232 usb cable adaptor, now if this is possible as mentioned above, then why would microtech have told me this? ..

could it be that they are referring to a serial to usb end cable?

as my laptop does not have a serial port but has plenty of usb ports..???

hmmm weird..

DynoDave
07-04-2007, 07:45 PM
its funni to hear different comments from tuners and the actual tech people at microtech themselves..

microtech are referring to a RS232 usb cable adaptor, now if this is possible as mentioned above, then why would microtech have told me this? ..

could it be that they are referring to a serial to usb end cable?

as my laptop does not have a serial port but has plenty of usb ports..???

hmmm weird..
Thats because they think they know and Adrian and myself do know what works,simple we do this EVERYDAY they never connect a notebook to an ECU.
Regards Dyno Dave

XB-16-AX
07-04-2007, 09:14 PM
sweetaz ..

so that means the beta 1.1 is a full functional software with no locks or disabled functions?

thanks guys!!