PDA

View Full Version : Brake Upgrade (Gen2)

szmidi
07-04-2007, 02:28 AM
went to my local brake shop recently, looking to upgrade my brakes obviously and i threw a few options at them about increasing in size by using 4 stud integra rotors and calipers or something similar and they whipped out the dba catalogue

see here http://www.dba.com.au/2006/PDF_CATALOGUE/download_counter.php?file=HONDA_2007&folder=Catalo gue_AUST

they said it would be in my interests to see if rotors with a greater diameter from antoher honda with same other dimensions could fit using the calipers and mounts off the respective car. the cars listed below match (with a .5mm greater offset)

Honda Civic - EE9, EF, EG 1.6i VTEC VTi (11/91 - 95)
.......................- EX with ABS (1993 - 95)
.......................- EX (1996 - 2000)
.......................- Si (1999 - 2000)
.......................- all models (2001 - 2005)
Honda CRX - EE8 VTEC 1.6L (1989 - 92)
......................- EG21 VTi, EH61 ESi 1.6L (1992 - 97)
......................- EG VTec (6/92 - on)
Honda Integra - 1.8L DOHC 16V (1989 - 94)
...........................- 1.8L GSi, VTi - R (1993 - 98)
...........................- Acura Integra, 2.0L GSi (1990 - on)

basically (if this is in any way basic), could i get the rotors and calipers and mounts and what not from the front brakes of one of these model cars that has wrecked and slap them on my ed9 crx.

my plan is, slotted rotors in original size for the rears. slotted rotors to fit one of the above mentioned cars, fitted to the front of my crx using the matching calipers from a wrecker. good brake pads all round and braided lines, a drain and decent brake fluid. just want that bit of extra bite in the front and the surface area of the stock rotors looks a little weak.

does anyone know, or has anyone physically done, a swap of front rotors similar to this that can tell me if they fit or what modification is needed to make them do so. i have 17s so plenty of room to play with, just concerned about the mounting of the calipers off the wrecked car fitting onto mine

[[d a n n y]]
07-04-2007, 02:47 AM
it has been done.
but u need the hubs to accomodate the larger disc and calipers.
so in short u need the whole set up
ie. Hubs, knuckles , calipers and disc and upgraded master cylinder (optional but recomended)

Samo
07-04-2007, 04:47 AM
if ur in sydney .. u can come try my dc2sir front brakes

with dba slotted 262mm rotors .. got 1" master/booster with it as well

szmidi
10-04-2007, 07:06 PM
thanks heaps for the offer bro. but im in north qld. and there is no one up here that i know who owns one of the mentioned cars so i can test it out. and i dont think if i chased someone down and said 'hey man, can i steal your car for a day and **** with your brakes' they would be too accomodating.

also danny, you say it can be done. does it involve modification of parts and what not, or if i get all the parts you mentioned from a wreckers, will they slide on without too much trouble??