PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question

traumatized
25-06-2004, 08:29 PM
hello everything..

i have a question that i would like to get everyones opinion on... i'm after a cannon cat back exhaust, but i want one thats deep and sounds beefy.. but the thing is i want one that not loud.. i mean you can hear it if you full the car and its goes into vtec and stuff but like coming into the driveway in the middle of the night and stuff i dont want to wake up the whole family.. does anyone know a exhaust that is what i descibed?

A'PEXi
25-06-2004, 08:58 PM
what car do you have?

traumatized
25-06-2004, 09:06 PM
what car do you have?

ooppsss sorry i have a 1994 integra vti-r... also if i was to get a full exhaust what size extractors and piping size. header type. etc should i get?

but yeah the main questions is for the cat back exhaust...

wynode
25-06-2004, 09:29 PM
There was already a thread on exhaust for vti-r

DO A SEARCH

traumatized
25-06-2004, 09:40 PM
There was already a thread on exhaust for vti-r

DO A SEARCH

yeps indeed there is, i've taken a look at it but it really didn't help me with my question, well my initial question...

wynode
25-06-2004, 09:46 PM
i have a question that i would like to get everyones opinion on... i'm after a cannon cat back exhaust, but i want one thats deep and sounds beefy...................... dont want to wake up the whole family.. does anyone know a exhaust that is what i descibed?

You can't have both a 'deep', 'beefy' and quiet at the same time.

Straight through canon mufflers tend to be loud unless you put in a couple of resonators. Best is to call up a few exhaust places.

traumatized
25-06-2004, 09:57 PM
i have a question that i would like to get everyones opinion on... i'm after a cannon cat back exhaust, but i want one thats deep and sounds beefy...................... dont want to wake up the whole family.. does anyone know a exhaust that is what i descibed?

You can't have both a 'deep', 'beefy' and quiet at the same time.

Straight through canon mufflers tend to be loud unless you put in a couple of resonators. Best is to call up a few exhaust places.

thanks i appreicate your help, i just wanted to know ppls opinions thats all.. so i apologise if i have done anything wrong.

totti
25-06-2004, 10:33 PM
i had a 2.25inch custom cat back for my vti-r, i got defected with it (95db)

id go for a 2.5inch for performance wise, but it will be louder

wynode
25-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Also 2.5" will loose you some low end torque so take note!

joneblaze
26-06-2004, 01:32 AM
www.team-integra.net Do yourself a favour, join the forum and read their "One and Only Exhaust Thread"/Exhaust Tech Articles throughly. They will answer ALL and ANY questions you might have.