PDA

View Full Version : dc5 - Making a Custom Box

XP02ED
10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Hey guys im thinking of making a custom box, i did a trial run on just getting a piece of metal to cover my Pod filter right..

Then a direct hose - about 5 cm wid connecting from the front grill directly to the filter and DAMN! you can tell a HUGE different..

So im deciding to make a custom box.. then have tubes directly go to it..

SHould i,

Make a Square box? Or a cylinder one? which would look better? this is assuming i do a nice job :D which i plan too

PS me using a K&N Typhoon Filter for now..

dark138
10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
when in doubt go ghettto~

/jk

i would go for a square box

didz
10-04-2007, 07:08 PM
pics! sounds like an easy set up....

XP02ED
10-04-2007, 08:28 PM
ok making one atm, will post as soon as i finished! ;D

timofytit
13-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Think flow buddy. Think like you are air. Air dont like sharp corners or tight angles. I would be looking at making something that is smooth and curved, and does not have any place where air can get trapped and swirl. Personally, i have a K&N typhoon intake on my DC5R, but if i could i would go the Quad throttle body from Toda and make an enclosure that leads to the front grill. Just a dream for me, but it would be legal. And you would suck in large amounts of cool air individually into each cylinder.

Other opinions welcome. Maybe i'm wrong.

XP02ED
14-04-2007, 08:54 PM
yup its all done,, hahah and dang u here it whisle hard

i made 2 tubes which connect from front grill to the cylinder cover i made will try get pics when i can,

i still need to paint the cover though

didz
14-04-2007, 09:37 PM
keen on see a pic of the set up.

ofcourse a good way to improve on ur set up (from what i can picture) would be to get a new bonnet! vents ftw man. with the right vent u can force cold air into the new box u made (if the top was open) and it would not allow the cold air to escape!

works in theory according to my imagination!

Amusevtec
22-04-2007, 07:03 PM
bump, pics pls

Riviera
25-04-2007, 06:10 PM
ahh yea i had this idea posted up in one of the accord forums i was thinking about it for a while, like a short ram intake inside a what u call it wind tunnel if u will or an air box around the pod with ur CAI running to it

soundz good mete what materials have u used might make me one lol

XP02ED
26-04-2007, 08:24 AM
hahaha i actually did make one, but never got to actually document it,

i went to bunnings, and bought metal sheets, and tubers with ruber hosings.

from the front grill i had the ruber hosing there connected to the tubes (i had 3 running into the box)

i did it but i wasnt satisfied with the look, it didnt look professional which i ended up buying a gruppem - worth every penny