PDA

View Full Version : Installation trouble

buzz_civic
11-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Has anyone had trouble installing 6x9 in a Gen 5 prelude?
I bought a set of pioneer speakers and i couldnt get one of the screws in as well as couldnt put the covers on because the parself shelf gets in the way because of the original cut outs for the original speakers.
I have thought about customizing the parsel shelf......
Thanks
Buzz

( have tried searching )

kiwicuz
11-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey there, I find this is the biggest mistake people make which is the whole 6x9 thing, i know iknow you can't go past them if they fit and you don't have a sub otherwise i'd be doing something that fits better without choppin up ur car. If your adiment on making them fit then i'd be marking everything you plan on cutting and measuring twice before cutting. you can mark with chalk on the tray. Now you can either mount them from underneath (sometimes doesnt work and can be tricky) or try and cut them in ( and if that means cutting any metal from the tray you could and probably will defect the car- and its just one of those things that prob will never be checked anyway so up to u). PM me if you need any help.......

theseven
01-05-2007, 02:13 PM
i used 6x9 clarion at the rear of my 5th gen now... it fits in straight away although the cover won't clips in... but all the bolts are in there...

chunsa
01-05-2007, 08:50 PM
I used Jaycar 6x9s and most screws didn't bolt through because of how the holes were drilled by Honda. Only 2 screws were used for each speaker. I applied doublesided stickytape around the hole to secure the speaker down and so far have had no problems.

For the covers I dremelled some of it off so it clips it now. (Flip the cover to the back and you should see what I mean, can not describe it but can supply a picture later when I get a digi cam).