but i have lost my time display

i drive a ek4

has anyone had a problem like this or know how to fix it
is it hard it fix?
if so
i may have to contact the guy that installed the h/u again

wynode
26-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Just contact the guy who insatlled it. SOunds like he might have unplugged the clock and forgot to plug it back in.

gelo
26-06-2004, 07:56 PM
if its just a matter of plugging it in
can i just open up the panels and plug it back in myself?

actually
the time displaye is 'on'
it doesnt display the time, theres just realli dim lines on it

wynode
26-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Take it back to where you got it done then.

forensics
27-06-2004, 11:24 PM
you should also try cheaking the fuse, might have blown up when it was getting installed

VTEChnique
28-06-2004, 12:06 PM
your clock on the dashboard or the time display on your head unit ?

if is headunit - call the installer and dont take NO for an answer

Bol
28-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Just a guess... if it is dim, it sounds like he might have used the ignition wire from the clock and tapped it to use for the HU, if this is the case then i wouldnt return to him ever again.

Psyklops
28-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Just a guess... if it is dim, it sounds like he might have used the ignition wire from the clock and tapped it to use for the HU, if this is the case then i wouldnt return to him ever again.

yeah using power from another accessory is pretty dodgy...before i started installing them myself, I had one 'professionally' installed....the twat hooked it up to the bloody horn circuit! :P So, whenever I punched the horn, the stereo would turn off completely as the horn took all the amps/volts available for that circuit, and the stereo would reset to factory settings!! he fixed it free of charge...it was in his business interests to do so. :x Experts are not always experts! ;)

gelo
28-06-2004, 01:16 PM
its actually the clock on the dash
so im guessing he forgot to plug something back in
im getting it checked out today
thanx guys

ML
28-06-2004, 06:03 PM
he may have used the clock fuse/wire for the hu and tapped into another sorse for the clock
easy to check yourself if you have half hour